Getting rid of the feelings?

Mandoro

I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the feelings that you are feeling for a person?

Currently the girl that I like I think I have fallen head over for. I thought maybe it was just an initial attraction thing, but Ive known her since august now and I don't think its gonna go away by itself. Shes beautiful, smart, caring, just an all around awesome person and I can't stop thinking about her. I guess it doesn't help that we hang out everyday -.-

But the reason I want to rid myself of these feelings is because I don't think she feels the same way for a couple reasons. 1) She is still getting over her break up of 2 months now. She took it pretty bad and is still working to get over it. Ive been there for her as much as I can be 2) Im rather pessimistic when it comes to these things and I just flat out dont think she sees me the same way.

I was afraid that was going to be an option but, there are a couple problems with just flat out asking her.

First off, she is a freshman and is already stressed out enough with schoolwork and it wouldn't be fair to her to ask that right now.

Second, she is still taking the break up a lil hard. We had lunch today and said she had a weak moment and sent her ex a novel of an email. Plus we were talking about Bruce almighty and how he got Jenifer Aniston back by being hit with a car and she said she wanted to be hit with a car. Kinda in jest obviously, but it shines a light on how she feels.

Third, Im not sure Im the kind of guy she likes. The vibe you get when you know that someone likes you just isnt there. Im just not sure and since my current track record is 0-2 (I like shyer girls and they are hard to come by, plus I dont like the whole bar scene so I go the friend route) my confidence level is shot right now.

Im a go with the flow kinda guy but when complexities are added in Im as good as lost.

Seriously, if your in to her, you should just try. She might be looking for a rebound right now, which unfortunately, you most likely would be. But try, maybe she is into you, maybe she's been hinting about the ex because she needs a new guy to help her through it.

And types: I never ever thought I'd date a guy my bf. But I've never been happier with him... It worked out great.

One and three are excuses . You'll never know if you don't ask! And even if she's a little stressed...if she's interested, she'd be happy. Christmas break is coming up anyway .

As for reason number two...hmm. That's kinda a toughie. I still think you should just tell her, but if she's very, VERY obviously still wanting the ex back, maybe you should wait a little and be there for her all you can.

Still...hmm. Ask her . Even if you decide to wait a little bit, doooo it.

Yea Id be more comfortable with waiting if it were to happen. As for Christmas break her and her friend keep asking me to come see em during christmas break. Even then we are good enough friends Ill see em next semester

We were supposed to get together and play bball tonight, but they cancelled and said they were pooped, which is understandable. I never realized I coulda said that we could do something else. I just let it be and am just playing video games tonight lol.

Archived