Do I go or not?

Hey!

Need some urgent advice.

I have been in NC for 4 days, which has been considerably easy. I made the decision to end the relationship 2 months ago, we have see each other a couple of times since, but when I realised I wasnt dealing with it, I decided to go NC.

Anyway my Dad frequents the pub he use to work at. And the girl he has been * * * * ing still works there, I havent met her before but I know what she looks like though because my Dad knows her. Its Friday, and I work for my Dad. He wants me to have a drink with him at the pub and I dont know whether to go or not because I think I would fall apart if I saw her. And I dont know how his ex collegaues are gonna act towards me, even though they use to be my friends as well.

As soon as Dad asked me, my stomach flipped. And I thought I was doing so well. Damn it!!!!

Help.... should i go?

I don't think you should. I'm sure your dad would understand if you two went anywhere else for a drink. Why put yourself in a situation that could set you back when you don't need to? The less you're reminded of him, the better. Plus, you are less likely to have an enjoyable time with your dad if you were there. I'd say definitely go somewhere else.

Dads going there regardless. Think I might just have to let Dad go on his own.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I am literally about to finish work.

Just freaking out!!! Which proves in itself that i shouldnt go.

Probably will though, cause Dad will just say, 'toughen up'

LOL

I definitely wouldn't go!!! I think you're just going to end up hurting yourself if you go. There's no point in causing yourself unnecessary emotional grief. Why can't you just go to another pub? I think if you see his current "fling" you will probably get very upset or want to punch her in the face (lol I would anyways..) and you'll be too distracted the whole time to even focus on spending time with your dad.

Thanks everyone, I was strong and didnt go to the pub on friday. Dad and I had one drink downstairs at work, and then I explained to him why I didnt want to go. I feel better for it. Still in NC, feel like Im going strong. Thanks again, its great to have the support in my weaker moments.

Glad you stuck it out and didn't go. I am with you in the whole NC thing. My girlfriend broke up with me on Tuesday and we haven't talked since. Weird seeing it from the dumpers side. I can't imagine my exgf being like that (having feelings/emotions like you) if/when we bump into one another. I guess because it was more her decision to break-up than mine. Don't get me wrong, I would like to work on things and get back together but I can't see her swallowing her pride (long story....) But again, glad to ses you are doing well. Do you want to get back with your ex?

Thanks!! It was hard for me to break up with him because I still loved him, but it was a very self destructive relationship for both us. But he still doesnt get it. Which hurts, because I want him to understand. I do care about him, and I also know that it would be unfair of me to contact him just so I can feel better about it. I dont want to give him hope. So, I guess that answers your question. No I don't want to get back together with him, Im sick of fighting a losing battle. Ive been unhappy for too long.

Why did your gf break up with you?

What To Do About Break Up Guilt
What To Do About Break Up Guilt

Archived