Coming of Paxil

rikka

I am so excited after 5 years of being on it, I am weaning off Paxil. I was on 30mg/day. The last two weeks I have been down to 25mg/day. I would like to say I am doing ok but it is so hard to analyze these things from an outside prospective. I mean I feel like I am being hyper-emotional, but there have also been some cruddy things going on recently. I am having a hard time distinguishing between the "cause and effect" of it all -> is coming off the paxil causing the hyper-emotions thereby precipitating the cruddy events? Or are the events separate from the situation and I am just overanalyzing the situation (ugh my head is spinning just writing this).

Anyway, I know there are a few people on this board who have use(d) Paxil - how did weaning off the drug effect you? My doctor keeps asking about "withdrawl symptoms" - I don't have the slightest clue what that would even be like (so I assume I am not experiencing them).

Thanks ladies! It is something that I have been wanting to do for quite sometime, and I am finally at the point where I hope it will be ok. I am also afraid that some of what I am "feeling" is psycho-somatic, knowing that my "safety net" is gone I kind of am freaking out.

Kuiks, how long did bizzarro effects last for?

HOW to STOP MULTITASKING
HOW to STOP MULTITASKING

Archived