She called last night and it was amazing...

theartofruin
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Quick recap: we split a couple weeks ago (dated 3 months, LDR) for various reasons. Both immature, didn't appreciate each other. I think the main reason - as I've posted before - is the culture shock of me dealing with somebody who is religious, and I was quite pompous and insensitive some times. In the weeks without her I've been working on this, because I hate that I can be so stupid.

Anyway, last night she calls because it's her birthday. Says she missed me and wanted to speak. We broke up on good terms by the way, no "don't you ever call me again" stuff. It was a nice chat, lasted 2-3 hours. Saying we missed each other. Remembring all the romantic things we did, the characters quirks we love.

She was asking if I was still moving to Montreal (where she lives) next summer... I said no, I was moving to Calgary. She seemed upset. We talked about one day getting back together, and both seemed really into it. We talked about the reasons why we split up, and that if we'd realised the things we've learnt now then things would be so much different...

She asked if I'd talk until she fell asleep, she wanted to hear my voice when she did. It was really sweet.

So that was that. I don't feel down or upset about talking at all. Just realise how much I miss her, and how good it could be. I honestly couldn't tell if she wanted me back or not, she said things that suggested she did. But I don't want to get too carried away, it was likely just a sentimental one-off chat.

So what do you guys think? Just leave it, see if she calls me back some time? Or maybe call her some time?? I really do want her back, and think it would work. I don't think she's as convinced...

I would highly suggest just moving forward at this point and wait for her to call. It's clear that you want to get back together, but it requires two people that both really want to get back together and work on the things that caused you two to split and it seems like she is starting to think that way, but isn't quite there yet. I have a strong suspicion that she will call you again.

Well. It depends.

For me, if I called my ex and told him things like I wanted to hear his voice until I fell asleep and that I missed him...it would have to be because I wanted him back. I would probably wait for HIM to call afterwards, since I had made the initial effort...to see if he wanted it too.

I don't really think she would've called and said those things if she wasn't interested in being with you again. If you really want her back and things seem like they could head in a great direction...I'd say wait a couple days and call her back if you haven't heard from her .

Archived