Unsure Of Myself

RoxyGril

I have never realized how much I spend to make others happy instead of taking time out for making myself happy. I have gotten to the point where I'm stressed, frustrated, and have lack of confidence. I live with my parents and feel that I'm on the edge with them. I find myself with a lack of confidence to stand up to them when I'm in a situation with them. I tend to close myself off, not say anything and let them yell at me. Which makes me feel pretty crappy. This not only hurting and effecting myself but as well as my bf. My bf hates to see someone he loves get treated horrible for people that should treat her with respect and to understand.

I'm absolutely tired of how I'm handling things and how its effecting the love of my heart and as well as myself. I don't want to lose him over something like this because I KNOW THAT THIS CAN BE FIXED!!! The only way that it can be is by me changing the way I handle things. A lot of this lack of confidence, unhappiness, stress not only from myself not really knowing how to deal with it but it also comes from my mom.

I know there are solutions for this but I'm at a lost right now and unsure of how to handle things...Any IDEAS...ADVICE?

I think you need to take some time with JUST YOURSELF, and think about what things you could change (even if it takes a year) that would make you happy. I have been in that situation, I was literally depressed. I had to do something, or I was going to go crazy and loose everyone I cared about.

I started to do things for myself more, and grew a thicker skin. I used to let everyone run over me, until finally I had enough. Some people say that I can act like the "B" word (not trying to hurt my feelings) but I just let them know that I say what I feel and won't take any disrespect for anyone anymore! I started to spend more time with friends and family doing something we all enjoyed (when I was depressed I didn't want to really do anything). Also, I started working out. It relieved stress and I was happier because I felt healthier. I have never been over weight at all, and I'm pretty petite but knowing that I was doing something for myself without anyone's help feels amazing.

Hoped this helped a little. I wish you the best!

I can say that I finally realized how important it is to take care of myself and not let them run all over me. I stood up to my parents last night and let me tell you it felt really good to. I feel really proud of myself for saying what I felt and saying what was on my mind. I knew that they were going to yell but I didn't care so much because I expected that was probably going to happen...I know that standing up for myself and doing things will help me becomer a better person.

Archived