Tomorrow it is...she needs to know now

Mguy92

Get in touch with meaning | get in ...
Get in touch with meaning | get in touch with sentences | Common English Idioms #shorts

I've but only one week left to tell a girl that I like her, then we have all different classes. Two nonconsecutive times, I've wrote my AIM screenname on a piece of paper with the intentions of giving it to her, but I never got around to it. Too many people around, I can't talk to her with other people around. I just can't. Tomorrow, I hope to god that we aren't around people from class walking to lunch. It's gotten to the point where I HAVE to let her know. Here's my plan:

Walk up to her and talk about something related to class

Then say "Off topic, but do you have a screenname?"

If she says yes, I'll tell her over AIM

If she says no, I'll respond "Drat...I need to tell you something, and I don't have a lot of time left to do so"

HOPEFULLY she'll ask me what it is, in which then I will tell her that I like her, but first I'll ask if she has an idea as to what I want to tell her.

It's now or never. I can't let her slip away, and damnit, I've never done this before either. If she likes me, great, if she doesn't, then I'll be relieved and ready to move on. No point in dwelling on someone who doesn't share the same feelings, right? She smiles when I talk to her, which makes me feel good, and I can make clear eye contact with her. I was actually panicking in class today, simply because I was ridden with anxiety at the thought of me going up to her with the risk of making an ass out of myself. But...here, thinking to myself alone, I don't really care if she doesn't like me back. I really like her, but in the end, I'm still breathing; her not liking me isn't terminal. If she likes me back, I'll ask her to a movie or something. This is it...it HAS to be said. There's no turning back now...

To be honest, the whole tacky plan isn't necessary. It never goes as planned. What if she doesn't ask you what it is that you want to tell her? There goes your 'opportunity' and you will feel stupid. I think you should just come out and ask her. Walk with her to the lunch room and say something like "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go see a movie with me on (insert night here)" That's how you should break the ice. Just try to have confidence, and then let that conversation run its course. Girls love confidence.

But if you must go through with your plan, good luck. (Good luck either way, actually)

Walk with her to the lunch room and say something like "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go see a movie with me on (insert night here)" That's how you should break the ice.

But if you must go through with your plan, good luck. (Good luck either way, actually)

See, the only problem I have with that is that for one, it's asking her out in school, which is just discomforting for the both of us (online is much better at planning things imo) and it's just so sudden. I'd rather know that she actually likes me first, and if that were the case, I wouldn't hesitate on asking her out, but I don't know if she does like me back, hence my plan.

Hint: Girls HATE it when you beat around the bush! That's a quick way to get a "No thanks." Be brave and just ask her for coffee, you stand a better chance of her saying "yes" that way.

But of course...I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm going to straight up tell her, although I'll probably test her at first with something like "Hey, on the way to lunch, I have to tell you slash ask you a question, but my memory might fail me today due to my drowsiness. If you could remind me, that would be greatly appreciated."

Seems foolproof, because if she's interested, then she'll ask, if not then she'll disregard it.

Haha man you are still trying to over complicate it. Best advice I've heard... which I'll modify cause it seems you may be in high school... is it's like going to the fridge and grabbing a "soda." You are about to open the fridge and make a Hero Sub... with everything on it. Just go get that soda man, make it easy on yourself.

This is so * * * * ing hard...

God damnit, I really hate myself right now. AGAIN I've failed to tell her. I am in a state of depression, and I really want to get this off of my chest, but for some reason, I just can't. Gah...I feel miserable right now. All I want for her is to know, but I CAN'T do that if I'm getting the impression that she doesn't care. I'll just be wasting her time. This is too painful, and I don't know how much more I can take. I'll feel accomplished knowing that I told her upfront, face-to-face, but I'm hesitant if she's not looking at me. Ugh...

Ugg man just be straight up with her. Be like look can I get your number or something? I'd like to get to know ya a bit better.

Honestly worst that happens you get shot down. So what? I know it's not easy but obviously you are torturing yourself by not asking. If she says no the world is not going to stop spinning. Honestly you will probably be proud of yourself for at least trying. Look man I'll be honest with you every guy gets rejected. Those that don't let it bother them or aren't scared of it are the ones that have success... cause at least they are trying.

Then shoot from the hip man. Fly by the seat of your pants. Don't go with this preplanned mumbo jumbo. Tell it like it is. You are making stuff way too complicated which is probably why you haven't asked yet. It's like you want to leave a trail of skittles to a note that says someone may like you call this number, and its ur phone. Just tell her you like her straight up! haha.

I mean honestly unless you two are tight been friends for a while don't go "spilling your feelings out onto her." So in that case no it's probably not a good idea. I mean as people have already stated in this thread i would keep it light... show her your interested in her... and go for the number. If you can get the number maybe you can give her a call see if she wants to do something some time.

i used to be like you. let me just say that planning out everything is never going to work because there will be always something that comes up that you didnt expect. you are planning everything out according to what you want it to play out as.

best thing do is just talk to her. get to know here a little then ask for the digits

Would it be a good idea to say something like "So, if you want to go out sometime, that'd be awesome, if not then whatever, that's fine." after I spill my feelings out onto her?

This is not bad, but just say the bolded part - there's no need of the second part, it only projects a lack of confidence, preparing for the possibility of rejection. Confident guys ask a girl out without considering or caring about the possibility that she might say no - they expect her to say yes. Even if you're not confident, you fake it till you make it.

Asking her out on the spot, to me, is just weird. It would make a lot more sense for me to just tell her upfront that I really like her. If some users think otherwise, please fill me in on why that's not the best idea to do.

How well do you know each other - have you talked *a lot*? If you had nothing more than friendly banter, "I really like you" is a little too forward and can even come accross as creepy. Even if it's not creepy, what if she thinks she might like you, but doesn't know you well enough and you come out with "I really like you!". Bam, you're way ahead of her, she might be uncomfortable with that, or she might be turned off that there will be no chase and she knows she could have you if she wanted. I know that sounds like games, but that's how these things work. Imagine if a girl you didn't know too well and were only luke-warm about (only because you didn't know her that well and hadn't seen her around much) came out and said to you "I really like you!!" - it's flattering, but also a little off-setting. There needs to be a balance between you in terms of attraction and interest - that's why you don't jump the gun like that.

Just tone it down. If you guys have talked before, maybe something like "hey, I just wanted to say that it's been fun talking to you, but we don't get much time for that in class - would you like to go for coffee sometime?".

Clarity...you're right. That is rather upfront. How does this dialogue sound?

"Hey, I really enjoy conversing with you on a regular basis, but with the end of the semester coming, there won't be much time for that. Would you, perhaps, like to go out sometime, to see a movie or something else fitting for the social environment?"

I'll be satisfied as long as it gets the point accross. I'm willing to accept rejection because I'd feel ACCOMPLISHED ENOUGH knowing that I had the cahonays to ask her out somewhere.

"Hey, I really enjoy conversing with you on a regular basis, but with the end of the semester coming, there won't be much time for that. Would you, perhaps, like to go out sometime, to see a movie or something else fitting for the social environment?"

I'll be satisfied as long as it gets the point accross. I'm willing to accept rejection because I'd feel ACCOMPLISHED ENOUGH knowing that I had the cahonays to ask her out somewhere.

You're making it WAY too complicated. And you need to be way more confident. Don't say perhaps. You don't have to explain why you want to go out with her. Just ask her out straight up. The more confident you are, the better off you'll be.

If a salesman were selling a product for you would you want him to be timid or straightforward?

It's better, but it still sounds way too formal, robotic, and rehearsed. I still prefer my suggestion. It should sound casual and relaxed. Your version sounds as if you put a lot of thought and planning into it - and I can't think of a relaxed way to deliver what you wrote!

Archived