Vasectomy Ladies/Gents .....

Gage

I ABSOLUTYELY DESPISE CONDOMS!! ok got that off my chest...Now the question is..if you have been married for many years, met your children quota...Do you get snipped? Ladies, if your in a stable relationship( meaning trust in your partner, loyalty etc..) would it make a difference to you if your SO didnt have to wear protection ever again??

The whole thought of just being able to fool around with no interruption, and zero desensitizing seems too much to pass up. I've heard different stories about condoms not making a huge diff feeling wise...I couldnt disagree more...not having it on is night and day.

I ABSOLUTYELY DESPISE CONDOMS!! ok got that off my chest...Now the question is..if you have been married for many years, met your children quota...Do you get snipped? Ladies, if your in a stable relationship( meaning trust in your partner, loyalty etc..) would it make a difference to you if your SO didnt have to wear protection ever again??

If my partner and I met our children quota and he wanted to get snipped - then I would be OK with it BUT I wouldnt make him do it. If he didn't like condoms and didn't want to get snipped I would either go on Birth Control or get my tubes tied because as far as I know we women can get that reversed but once you're snipped its kinda over. No turning back...

My fiance and I have already discussed this, once we are sure we are done having kids (2 at the max!!) he is going to get snipped. It's so much easier for a man to get snipped than a woman to have her tubes tied and i'm not going on birth control for the rest of my life. But I also wouldn't push him to do it, I feel it's his body, his choice but he's ok with it and so am I.

Best decision I ever made. Made an absolute HUGE difference in our sexual relationship. She didn't respond well to birth control pills. Once the pressure of a possible pregnancy was eliminated we have enjoyed a much more satisfying sexual relationship.

We have our kids and we enjoy our sexual lifestyle. Neither of us can make any physical distinction between firing live or firing blanks....lol

Ha, I remember when my bf and I had this conversation. I told him that once we've had kids and all that jazz, that would be the best option.

He had never thought of it before and was sort of weirded out by it. But, he read up more about it and realized he was making a big deal about it.

I would love to never have to worry about it again....

I've already decided that once I settle down and have my kids, I'm going to get snipped. I just feel that once that worry is off of my chest (having a child I'm not prepared to have), I'll be able to handle life's OTHER stresses that much better (such as the kids I'll already have!)

well here's another take... allbeit a negative one... Once I reached my kid quota (which was 3) I decided to have a tubal while I was still in the hospital from the third one's birth. The reason I decided to go under the knife, as opposed to him, was that I knew I was done having kids - and the only way to make sure "I" was not going to have anymore kids was for "me" to not be able to. That way I'm additional kid free regardless of who I'm with... see... I said it was negative, but honest.

well here's another take... allbeit a negative one... Once I reached my kid quota (which was 3) I decided to have a tubal while I was still in the hospital from the third one's birth. The reason I decided to go under the knife, as opposed to him, was that I knew I was done having kids - and the only way to make sure "I" was not going to have anymore kids was for "me" to not be able to. That way I'm additional kid free regardless of who I'm with... see... I said it was negative, but honest.

I'm not sure why you consider that a negative attitude. I would do the same thing if I were done having kids.

I look at it this way ... pregnancy and childbirth are really hard on a woman's body. Once you're done, you're done. Pregnancy and childbirth are emotionally stressful for a man, but you can't compare a man's physiological price to a woman's. He doesn't get varicose veins, stretch marks, increasing chance of stroke or infections with each pregnancy, etc.

So, assuming a full family and no more kids planned, if I had the choice of getting a tubal or asking my SO to get a vasectomy, I'd choose the tubal. If he (heaven forbid) got hit by a bus, I probably still wouldn't want more children. If I (heaven forbid) got hit by a bus, he might still choose to have kids into his forties, fifties, even sixties, and I wouldn't want to deprive him of the opportunity to do that.

This is all somewhat rhetorical, since I have no kids and no one's been hit by a bus (heaven forbid), but I have thought about it a lot and made the decision that if the situation arose, and my family were "finished," I'd get a tubal.

Make sure u find a good surgeon/doctor sometimes tubulation and vasectomy's can be botched and u can endup with an unplanned child.

The safest way would be for both partners to get snipped.

The wife and I have no intentions of having children, so as soon as I get insured or get the money, I'm getting a vasectomy. If either person in the relationship can't accept someone taking that responsibility, then something's wrong with the relationship.

How old are you two? I know that there are some women who really don't want children, but in the hormones, that is what gets you. It sucks, LOL.

But I think having the man or woman snipped is good! No more worries of birth control, we all know how much of hell those damn things are!!!

When my ex-husband and I were done having children he refused to get snipped and, since I was a Fertile Mertyl and could get pregnant on birth control, I refused to stay on it. So I went in and got my tubes cauterized. I'm young so they didn't want to do it, but I haven't regretted it a single day in the 3 years since. Three kids is plenty, and I'm especially happy about it now that I'm single.

I hate condoms and would love if my SO got the snip and if the Drs allowed it i wouldnt mind being sterilized myself.

How old are you two? I know that there are some women who really don't want children, but in the hormones, that is what gets you. It sucks, LOL.

But I think having the man or woman snipped is good! No more worries of birth control, we all know how much of hell those damn things are!!!

Early 20s, and neither of us want kids. There's a high chance of pregnancy issues, twin births, teeth/eye/allergenic problems for the child, etc, so it's also a matter of preventing issues for us as well as a baby.

We both enjoy sex without condoms, but I'm sure getting a doctor to do it that young will be an issue, so I'll have to be very persistent.

link removed

Please research this fully if you decide to take the leap. I had it done after my 4th child and do not recommend it. I was depressed for 9 months, refrained from sex for 6 months becuase of painful orgasms. Even now 5 years later, I have dull pains on my testicles that I had to take an antibiotic last week to reduce the pain. Also my orgams have never been the same.

Its not always easier for the man to do it, as they say....

Archived