What would you rather have:

Mangoz

Defintely the second. And I agree with ready2heal. The chemistry and attraction does change with time..that was the case for my relationship. There was no intial attraction or chemistry, but we had alot in common, and took it into a relationship, and now the attraction and chemistry is off the wall.

FWB is way too complicated for me. If we're intimate, get along great and there's attraction, I can't do that casually and without strings.

duh!

I'd rather try to make #1 turn in to #2. Sometimes I feel like I'm too shallow, I don't know...

That's what I'd like to do too.

I'd hate to get into a relationship where the physical attraction wasn't equal, or didn't grow as time went on.

I think often the chemistry in a sex buddy relationship (I don't think most of those people are truly "friends") is fueled by one person being unavailable to the other person so that even if it turns into a full relationship, I would guess that very often the chemistry decreases once the couple is more "domestic" for lack of a better term. I would take number 2 for the reason that chemistry ebbs and flows but it does need to be there.

fwb with a hottie. why would i want to be involved with someone i had little chemistry with?

Interesting...but the OP said "less chemistry" not "little chemistry," which is pretty different IMO. It's not saying there is little or no chemistry in the relationship, just that it's comparatively less than in the FWB situation. So, for me, if there is chemistry and it's less than it would be with an FWB but the relationship has some depth to it, I'd go for the relationship any day. Chemistry ebbs and flows. As long as it is there at a baseline level, though, I'm good to go.

Interesting...but the OP said "less chemistry" not "little chemistry," which is pretty different IMO. It's not saying there is little or no chemistry in the relationship, just that it's comparatively less than in the FWB situation. So, for me, if there is chemistry and it's less than it would be with an FWB but the relationship has some depth to it, I'd go for the relationship any day. Chemistry ebbs and flows. As long as it is there at a baseline level, though, I'm good to go.

in a relationship, i want full on chemistry. no little or less than normal, full on.

Mind sound shallow of me, but neither.

If we're talking short-term, then I'd want #1, because I CAN'T be in a relationship with someone I don't have strong chemistry/attraction with. I've realized that about myself--they never work out. I would be a fool to get myself into something knowing it wouldn't happen...

in a relationship, i want full on chemistry. no little or less than normal, full on.

Yeah, I guess we are different because I've never experienced this. For me, chemistry has always been something that ebbs and flows over time. This sounds more like something that is "full-on" and sustained at that level over a long period of time...I didn't even know that was possible.

Yeah, I guess we are different because I've never experienced this. For me, chemistry has always been something that ebbs and flows over time. This sounds more like something that is "full-on" and sustained at that level over a long period of time...I didn't even know that was possible.

i have to be completely into someone to even date them. i can't have potential full on chemistry and hope it increases. sure, dating someone, the love and passion can increase and if it was meant to be it will. but i can't go 'ehh, their personality is so so but their body is bangin or their personality is perfect and their body is ehhh.' cannot do that. i don't bs myself. i would want my partner to feel the same way about me. otherwise, to me, it's kind of a lie.

Archived