I feel so sad.

Abbygail

Well today my bank called me and told me they'd closed my account because my old bank reported me to Check Systems. What happened was I had an overdraft fee and haven't been able to get a job in time to pay it.

I feel so sad right now I don't know what to do. I'm just sitting here crying. They said they weren't re opening the account so I don't know what to do.

Oh hey where are you from? You need to find a smaller bank, that is FDIC insured, that doesn't go through check systems. That is what I had to do when I couldn't get any of the major bank branches because of the over draft BS, stolen cards and fraudulent charges that they made me pay.

You can also do check cashing & grocery stores, they do charge a fee though.

No. I mean it is like any other bank, I just have to go on this co-op web site to see where I can pull money out without being charge. Oh ya the only draw back, is that it is a guessing game of where it can work. Because it doesn't have a visa logo on it. But it does have the "star" thing on back. I used it at target, petco it doesn't work, kohls it works, grocery stores around here it works.

Oh here I found something:

Ohio

Non ChexSystems Banks In Ohio

The following banks either do not use ChexSystems, or they do not hold a consumers ChexSystems record against them when approving checking accounts:

Century Bank and Trust link removed

National City Bank link removed

First Day Financial link removed

Park National Bank link removed

You have to make sure they are FDIC insured though.

Is there any possible way for you to pay off the overdraft at the bank you overdrafted at? If you can pay it off, maybe you can convince the bank manager to take you off that list.

Some banks have "Second chance" checking where, if you take a class on fiscal responsibility, they will let you open a limited checking acct with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived