This is the first time ever I have had a girl say this to me when trying to set up a 2nd date

ConfusedDater
My girlfriend Doesn't Ask Me Ab...
My girlfriend Doesn't Ask Me About My Day [Here's Why with Solution]

we were discussing the days we can possibly meet up again and then she says to me-"IT"S UP TO YOU"

Really?-lol

So I guess that is her wanting the man to take charge which is a brand new role for me so I guess I wasn;t used to a female leaving it up to me about what day is good to see each other, what time is good. I thought she would have some input. Any other female on here ever leave it up to the guy?

Maybe you could have asked the question from the other direction.

ie. "What days are you available?" or "What days are you not available?"

not "When would you like to do something?"

I think you probably would have got a more concrete answer to work from. It shows that you are making the decisions, and not putting the pressure on her.

Sometimes I find that you have the ask a question in such a way that you get the answer you want. Be prepared with the right question or think before you ask. It is easy once you get the hang of it.

I think it's great too, she's not putting a limit or boundaries on when she'd like to see you again. It shows a lot of interest I think, because when I've been kinda unsure about a second date, I always say "I'm not sure if I have much time" or something...

we were discussing the days we can possibly meet up again and then she says to me-"IT"S UP TO YOU"

Really?-lol

So I guess that is her wanting the man to take charge which is a brand new role for me so I guess I wasn;t used to a female leaving it up to me about what day is good to see each other, what time is good. I thought she would have some input. Any other female on here ever leave it up to the guy?

What sort of tone did she use when she told you that?

Was she happy? Or sort of trying to brush you off?

I think that's great...she is being open minded, agreeable and flexible.

Well we won't be getting together this weekend because of another thunderstorm-lol Just joking, Tomirrow we can't hook up because she has to pick up her friends from the airport who is coming to visit her. we can't see each other on saturday because she will be with her friends in the evening and suggested lunch but I didn't want to do lunch because I would have been home on a saturday night while she was out with her friends and I would miss out oj a opportunity to be out with my friends. And we can't do sunday because That's my football day aso it will be Tuesday which should be very relaxing. After Tuesday I';m aiming to see her 2 more times before she goes home for thanksgiving.

Yea, she definitely wants you to take control of the situations....I'm in the same boat as you at the moment except even worse. The girl I'm dating expects me to come up with pretty much ALL the plans and events we do. I've come to the realization that she's passive about taking control of dates and such.

Females find it very attractive if the man can take control so my advice would be to take control when planning dates and such. (she'll let you know if she doesn't want to do something) BUT, it should not be limited to that. Try to take control of other things as well. Not in a needy way, but just show a little bit more dominance and from the looks of it, she'll find it very attractive.

Well we won't be getting together this weekend because of another thunderstorm-lol Just joking, Tomirrow we can't hook up because she has to pick up her friends from the airport who is coming to visit her. we can't see each other on saturday because she will be with her friends in the evening and suggested lunch but I didn't want to do lunch because I would have been home on a saturday night while she was out with her friends and I would miss out oj a opportunity to be out with my friends. And we can't do sunday because That's my football day aso it will be Tuesday which should be very relaxing. After Tuesday I';m aiming to see her 2 more times before she goes home for thanksgiving.

Looks like anybody you marry is going to be one of those football widows LOL

Archived