Am I just being jealous?..

goldfish box

Me and my boyfriend were having a conversation tonight.

We were talking about good looking men and women.

He said that he was most attracted to me, because he knows me well and loves my personality. But he said that there were much better looking women than me, on t.v./media, and in real life.

When I asked him as to the more attractive ones of our friends, he would not tell me.

He kept insisting that we not talk about it, because nothing good can come out of it.

But I want to know, because now, I feel like he's hiding something..

Am I just freaking out?

No offense to your boyfriend but that was a really * * * * ish thing for him to say. To answer your question truthfully, I think he felt bad that he said that there were more attractive people than you, and when you asked who in your friend group he didn't answer because he thought you would get upset. (which you have complete right to) and he wanted to avoid a potentially bad situation.

As to worrying about if he likes someone else, I wouldn't worry. He is with you and thats what matters. If his behavior says otherwise then i'm wrong but from what you said he was just trying to move on to another topic cause he realized that he was a * * * * .

Man, even if you were talking about it he could have at least lied to spare your feelings. The way he worded it seemed insensitive to me. Unless you said the same thing to him.

My boyfriend and I had a similar conversation, only he said, "Sometimes I see girls I think "I'd smile at them if I weren't with Abby..." It bothered me for a few but eventually I got over it. In the end he's with me.

Jesus, talk about insecurities. Why would you ask the question and expect an evasive answer or a lie?

You asked, he didn't answer. Clearly he thinks one of your friends is more attractive than you. Otherwise he would have said "you" (are the most attractive). Instead he refused to answer b/c "no good could come of it". Regardless of this... I wouldn't worry about it, unless of course you think you have to be the most attractive person amongst your friends for some reason.

Kevin

that was really rude thing to say on his part...what he should have said was "there are a lot of beautiful ppl on tv, etc. but to me, you are the most beautiful..." i can see why u'd be freaking out about that.

that being said, don't bother worrying about who he thinks is attractive among your friends. it is irrelevant to how he feels about you.

oh goodness, that conversation was just a recipe for disaster.

Who knows if he finds any of your friends more attractive, but I'm sure he saw that the discussion was going to go downhill real quick and decided to end it PRONTO.

I wouldn't press this issue any further. I will say though that the comment about there being other women in the world more attractive than you was completely insensitive on his part.

He was just being honest. There are always more attractive people than you in the world, always. Why do we think we have to be the most attractive person in the world to be worthy of someone's love? Looks are skin deep and there are many prettier women than me in the world. I don't worry about it. Like my bf said to me once, "Maturity is being able to say my partner is not the best person in the world, but I couldn't do any better than them for me." In other words, a person who is more attractive may not be the person who they fit with. If you start down the road of comparing yourself to others, there will only be pain at the end.

This topic shouldn't even be brought up. There will always be someone better looking then you..or him.

So true. I can objectively say that I have some very attractive friends. One models occasionally. If I was foolish enough to have this conversation with a bf, I would think he was either blind or a liar not to say this particular friend is more physically attractive than me. And I wouldn't fault him for it, either- *I* think she's more attractive than me, for god's sake!

Archived