How to Handle Hook Up Reunion

Kat123

I've been working about 70 hours a week with a great group of people on a project for the past several months. We worked long hours and spent a ton of time together. We are really the only people each other has seen since the project started. We've gone out drinking several times together, and nothing has ever happened between any of us, until this weekend. While we were out, one of the guys suddenly got super flirty with me, and obviously wanted to hook up. Which we did, as we were both a little too tipsy.

I had to see him today for the first time since the hook up (he called me two days later, but I never talked to him.) I was scared out of my mind about it and quite frankly, I still don't know how to handle it. We are clearly going to be seeing each other more on this project. He was very nice...acted like nothing had happened at all. I'm worried about two things: I don't want to be awkward and quiet around him for fear that I will look like a b*tch and that it will make everyone else pick up on the fact that something is going on, and I don't want to be overly nice, because I don't want him to think I'm expecting something out of this. Pretending like nothing happened is also really awkward. Will this go away with time?

I just can't figure out why it happened and how to handle it. Its driving me crazy. I want to throw up with nerves everytime I think about it. Any advice on how to play this cool? I don't know what to do, but I'm slightly freaking out. I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out what he's thinking about the situation and how to handle it...

Thanks!

One more question--I am really close to some of these people I work with. And I'm a talker...when I am having a problem, I always want to talk about it. I'm really fighting the urge to tell some of my friends we work with. Should I keep this totally quiet?? Would telling anyone be a disaster?

One more question--I am really close to some of these people I work with. And I'm a talker...when I am having a problem, I always want to talk about it. I'm really fighting the urge to tell some of my friends we work with. Should I keep this totally quiet?? Would telling anyone be a disaster?

Probably not the best idea to tell anyone else. Especially if it was just a one time thing.

Archived