Message from my ex

chiyork

After two months of NC, I sent a simple bday card to my ex, and she responded like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received your birthday wishes in the mail today, just want to thank you. Wish you all the happiness in the coming year.

I scanned the attached article for you a long time ago but never actually send it out to you, hope you enjoy reading it still and find true happiness no matter what circumstance you are in. After everything we have been through, I hope we can still be friends some day.

Best,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that she got the card last night. I got a few calls on my cell but the number is shown as 'private'. She changed her number after breakup and never gave me her new number. I am pretty sure she called using phone cards.

From the message, it seems that I don't need to expect getting back together any more. Do you think so?

yes..very polite..i am sorry to say. Its hard...but returning to your NC and move on is the only way to go... Ignore the remark about becoming friends 'someday' as well..it's empty..space filler..

Be grateful she answered and felt enough respect for you to send you a friendly thank you message back...and now leave it at that..

No more cards or messages..lined with a little hope..

take care..

It is hard. Since she is already with someone now, I guess she tries to be polite especially. I just don't know why she called a few times. Sometimes your ex being polite you makes you feel even harder coz you know she does not have anything special for you in her heart any more...

It is hard. Since she is already with someone now, I guess she tries to be polite especially. I just don't know why she called a few times. Sometimes your ex being polite you makes you feel even harder coz you know she does not have anything special for you in her heart any more...

If it was a private number you don't know for sure that it was her calling.

I don't know how it all went when you guys broke up, but it sounds like she's being very respectful & has no hard feelings toward you. It also doesn't sound like you guys are going to get back together. But it was nice of you to send her a card & for her to thank you; certainly not all break-ups are so friendly.

I am not going to respond at all. Since she is the dumper, it is easier for her to mention this friend thing, but for dumpees, we don't really like it. I am pretty sure she called last night, maybe I should have picked up to see what she would like to say.

She seems sneaky. Why call with phone cards? Does she not want you to have her new number? She does not want her new person knowing she has been in contact with you? It's possible that it wasn't her, also. Sometimes I get private/restricted numbers calling.

I wouldn't even have sent a card. 2 months of NC is a pretty long time if your first contact is to send a b'day card. So yep, she definitely was just being polite, and you most likely won't get back with her. But you also shouldn't be a tool and throw out your lines in hope, especially since she dumped you. Move on, because she has. Why waste your time? I agree with the other poster--no more contact and definitely no more cards. Spend your money on a new girl!

think the card was a sweet gesture, as was her reply.

i agree with those who say that it does not seem like she wants you in her life at the moment (well, at least not for a year...or longer. probably for however it takes for you both forget whatever hurts have transpired).

perhaps in the future, long after you have forgotten this heartache, you can be friends again.

for now, though, do not contact her again, as she has made her wishes very clear.

don't worry about missing the calls, they may not have been her.

if she really wants to speak with you, she will call.

By the way, the article she attached is 'The Habit of Happiness'. Guess she truly wants me to be happy, but the mere fact that she knows I still miss here and want her back and I am still suffering the pain makes her wish really meaningless. It is a nice, but brutal way to turn me down.

Archived