I need the female opinion

Dear Ladies,

I am a young married guy, I'm turning 25 and i want to know what it takes to be a good husband, I want to know what it really is not what ladies wish to find in a husband, but the real thing.

I am seeking the serenity of marriage and i want to give it the best i have, I don't want to know the little things like make her feel appreciated and that stuff i know that. Instead be generous and tell me methods, and examples.

Thank you for your assistance and patience.

im not married but

someone who shares his life with me, the good and the bad.

someone who respects me

someone who is hardworking and responsible

someone who will do whatever it takes to do whatever we need to do

someone who loves me unconditionally

someone who doesnt take me for granted

someone who cares for my family as they do their own

Let me start off by saying you're already a good husband by wanting to be a good husband. That's so sweet of you.

Honestly, there's really no guidelines or standards that men have to follow. I'm sure most women expect the same thing: respect, loyalty, understanding, support, etc.

You mentioned you already know the methods & that she wants to feel appreciated, & that you want examples of things you can do. Let me tell you, the smallest things mean the world to us. Even saying things like, "Thanks for dinner sweety", or thanking her for basic things that she does for you everyday. That's one thing I think most men have trouble doing. These little things become obligations & responsibilities, & we may feel like you take us for granted at times.

Offer her support. If she's upset about something, talk to her about it. Don't neglect her. Always make sure she/your marriage is your priority. Don't let the outside pressures affect you. Lighten up her mood. If she's feeling down, try to cheer her up. Don't ever make her feel alone, or feel like you don't understand her.

Another very important thing is to keep the spark lit. When you're married, & you're working & doing your own thing during the day, that's fine; but make sure that when you get home at night, you show her that you missed her, & that you were thinking about her. Bring home something for her once in a while, offer to cook for her sometimes, take her out to dinner...small things like that. As cheesy as this sounds, offer to do the chores once in a while. Even things like doing the dishes sometimes, cooking, laundry, etc. shows us how much you care (not to mention it's super sexy).

I don't know your wife too well, but these are just a few things that would melt my heart. Some women like more materialistic things like buying gifts, etc., so just know what melts her heart & keep that flame going. Don't let it ever fade...that's when you'll be the best husband.

To be a good husband, you must understand that all marriages take work, and must be maintained, sort of like a car.

Things are not always going to be fairtytale romance, but if you work at it, it can come pretty close.

Never shut her out when you are having problems. The problem with a lot of marriages ending in divorce is, that people just give up and stop working at them. Minor problems become big problems because people don't know how to communicate. Don't let that happen to you.

Little things. My bf got me a pastry he liked from the gas station.. it doesn't seem like much but to me it told me how much he thinks & cares for me, even just running into the gas station.

You don't have to agree with everything, but listen to her. Ask yourself if it's more important to be right or to fight fair in a disagreement. Relationships need maintenance. Don't get complacent.

The poster that said the fact that you WANT to be a good husband means you probably will be is right.

Well I am not a women but I have learned a great deal after 20 yrs of being with the same women.

There are many things as the girls above have stated (nicely said psychgirly) btw.

Love and Respect are very important. Always treat her as the most important person in your life! I know she is but at times as the years go by we tend to forget this simple truth. Women want to be loved and cherished. They do not just want to hear the words, they want to feel it coming from you. I would recommend getting a few books on the subject and reading them and then re-read them a few weeks later. This will allow you time to accept and start to feel what you read and find ways of letting into your heart as part of your life together. This might seem like work but it is the most rewarding work you will ever do in your whole life.

Never ever let your relationship go on cruse control. It is the most important thing in your life and treat as such. The fact that you are asking shows just what you are made of. I wish you all the best for you and your wife.

lost

I think DO is the most important rule for a husband (and a wife) Don't just thank her for making dinner, or cleaning the house... DO it too. If she makes dinner one night, do it the next night. If you don't know how to cook, have her teach you and start out with what you know and work your way up.

Add that to what everyone else said.

Archived