EVERYTHING reminds me of her

gooey

all her crappy music and tv shows that i try to avoid but i inevitably run into, all my "good" movies and music that i tried to get her to appreciate (not much luck), people with her same name in movie credits (once there was actually three!), a movie where the lead characters had the same name as her and her ex boyfriend who she probably went back to by now(!), my tshirts that she used to wear when she slept over, the beer i drink which she got me to switch to, cooking which i love but now only reminds me of all the times i cooked for her, the washing machine which reminds me of the times i washed her clothes so she could have something fresh to wear when she woke up, my cell phone tones, rainy days, hot days, nights, mornings...

last week on the road i saw a biker with a brandname printed on the back of his jacket. he had a messenger bag and the strap covered enough of the letters so what was left spelled out her name

its like some kind of cruel conspiracy, ive gotten rid of her number, all her things, pictures etc but she still manages to worm her way into my thoughts first thing in the morning, in the middle of the night, while working etc

just venting...i know i will be over her eventually but this is terrible...

I know how you feel. Everything reminds me of her. Even the most insignificant, ludricous things bring back memories. Every time I see a sandwhich, I think about our picnic a few weeks before we broke up (and I have a sandwhich for lunch everyday](*,)). It's crazy and annoying, but you just have to persevere.

It is really like that, I am going through the same things. EVERYTHING has a way of reminding me. I have learned to avoid so many places and things and STILL......

I moved Sept 1 and still can't bring myself to go through boxes for fear I'll "see" something and break down. This has turned into OCD Phobia I don't know what else to call it. I hate it and it's driving me nuts!!!!!! So whoever else feels like this, youre def not alone.

Its all good though... The triggers in our memories just show how important he or she was in our lives. I know there is pain now in the memories, but later you will cherish the small reminders and smile. Every personal connection in our lives has meaning, and when someone touches us that deeply that the dumbest things reopen our hearts - you are blessed. You are also lucky to no know deep connections are even possible. Heal now, grieve now, but go back out there and find it again. There is a quote out there that says, "Love like you have never been hurt".

Good luck and peace

i know everyone goes through this. its really more comically absurd than tragic for me right now...like "you have got to be kidding?!?" right now im torn between thinking of all the good times we had and what i did love about her and thinking of all the things that make me better off without her. im kind of cherishing both

Archived