She never called me back!

fivespot

Hey...first of all, I'm finally trying to move on from my ex. And I'm not just saying it anymore, I'm doing something about it. So I met this girl through one of my friends and we really hit it off. She's extremely beautiful and really smart.

I really think she's too good for me, but anyway, we traded phone numbers. I asked her if she'd like to go out sometime. She said absolutely! Great...I was feeling really awesome after that. It was the first time I felt happy about meeting someone and also getting a date with them since I broke up with my ex nearly a year ago.

So she tells me to call her to set up a date. I called her when I said I would and left a voicemail. But she never called me back. It's been two days. She said she was really looking forward to me taking her out...why is she flaking out all of a sudden? Why do girls do this? Now what do I do???

Should I be angry? I feel like I should be. I don't like games and I went out of my way to call her when I said I would. If she lost interest or changed her mind, she could at least tell me, right? I think in this day and age, with cell phones...well, nothing, not even a text is really rude!

well, she could be busy or out of town. i'd give her a week. you never know, people lose their chargers all the time. if she doesn't call within a week, i'd assume she's not interested and move on. i usually didn't tell guys i lost interest after a date or two, i just never returned their calls.

You're overreacting. You can huff and puff about how bad she is, but for all you know she might've legitimately forgotten. You two met each other once, she has nothing invested in you and thereforee owes you nothing. Now you can stand by your princliples and have a zero tolerance policy, but to me that's leaving money on the table. Now if I did the same thing two years ago I would missing out on the great relationship I'm currently in.

So if you want her, call her tomorrow. Unless something serious happened to her, like a death in the family, tease her about not calling you back. Make it funny, try and get her to want to see you again. This is what to do if you wanna be happy, but it's up to you...

Well....yet again I have to play 'doom bringer'.....

You're overreacting. You can huff and puff about how bad she is, but for all you know she might've legitimately forgotten.

Take it from me. If a hot guy asks us out on a date....we DONT forget.

We are planning that date in our heads, spend our hours beautifying ourselves and we can't wait for his call....in fact we are waiting by the phone for it arriving.

You two met each other once, she has nothing invested in you and thereforee owes you nothing

True....

You called her to arrange the date, left a voicemail.....no reply for two days.

Errrr.....helllo??

Well....yet again I have to play 'doom bringer'.....

Take it from me. If a hot guy asks us out on a date....we DONT forget.

We are planning that date in our heads, spend our hours beautifying ourselves and we can't wait for his call....in fact we are waiting by the phone for it arriving.

True....

You called her to arrange the date, left a voicemail.....no reply for two days.

Errrr.....helllo??

Exactly.

Bro, she didn't forget. That's ludicrous unless she has dementia. If you want, wait a day and give her another call, then call it out. My opinion is she is not interested. Why did she give you her phone number? Maybe you put her on the spot, maybe she likes the attention...one thing I can tell you is if she isn't interested now, she wasn't interested then and was just putting on a show.

Uhm, well I've actually given my phone number to a guy I wasn't interested in....simply because he plagued me for it and I didn't want to be nasty and felt a bit sorry for him. That was a few years ago though...it's something I wouldn't do now, but I'm older, wiser.

I have a sister who is 21, gives it to all and sundry.....over 100 guys numbers in her mobile phone and she doesnt have a clue who 98% of them are!

Archived