So today I've decided to stop moping around and try to get on with normal life.

I haven't spoken to my ex in two days because frankly I'm too afraid. He said some things the last time I talked to him and since then I've just become so afraid he might hurt me (emotionally) and afraid of the connection I seem to have to him that even in not talking to him and going on in normal life, I feel horribly sick to my stomach thinking about him and when I'll have to see him again.

Has anyone felt this way before? I feel silly posting this but I needed to get it off my chest.

I'm sure most of us have felt this way at one time or the other, Abby. Breakups are literal gut-wrenching experiences. My insides were in tatters just like yours for a while after my recent breakup. It's part of the process, I suppose.

Going NC will help shield you from further emotional pain and also establish a pattern a living without him. It will be tough, but the system works for your healing. And you WILL heal. Trust me.

And do NOT feel silly talking about your problems. It's the whole reason this community exists.

How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Archived