adult sibling rivalry

SnoGirl42
Good Morning Brother Quotes
Good Morning Brother Quotes

as we all know there can be intense sibling rivalries and that is what i am in. I am seven years younger than my sister who has a master's in another frield. when i decided to go into nursing so did she...and she had to go to a more well-known school because it was "better". ok riiight....so now that she is almost finished and i have an externship at a local hosptial she is wanting to apply to the same one (and she lives out of town)!!!! its disappointing because i've always wanted to work at this particular hospital and now she is saying she did too which is ridiculous because she didn't until i started to work there. She also lives in a big city where there are more opportunities for a position...so there is really no reason for her to apply at the same hospital. I know i don't own the hospital of course, but I would just feel uncomfortable because she is always trying to "up" me and i don't want her to bring that to the place i work. image removed

If this has happened to you, or you have any advice, it would be appreciated.

Can you talk to her about it and tell her that you feel this way?

As an older sister she may feel pressure to be more successful than you. Is she married, are you married?

That will also probably be another big concern if she is "trying" to one up you.

It's based in insecurity so do not get too angry at her. However, talking to her about it is the best solution.

Archived