Should I wait until the 3rd date for a small gift?

ConfusedDater

I wouldn't accept a gift from a man on 3rd date. Now, if he acts like he bought that candy box for him and is sharing few with me, I'll take it, but certainly not all of it.

But I think, its too soon for a man to "gift" something like candy. My interpretation "I really like you. I hope you do to." It will put a pressure on me. If I accept it, he may think "ya, she really likes me too" If I don't he will be "man, is she saying no to me by saying no to candy?"

I wouldn't accept a gift from a man on 3rd date. Now, if he acts like he bought that candy box for him and is sharing few with me, I'll take it, but certainly not all of it.

But I think, its too soon for a man to "gift" something like candy. My interpretation "I really like you. I hope you do to." It will put a pressure on me. If I accept it, he may think "ya, she really likes me too" If I don't he will be "man, is she saying no to me by saying no to candy?"

That's way overthinking. It is just candy, not sex!

i don't think it's too early. it's just a very small gift, it's just food, not perfume.

in the past i was given a gift of these 2 small toy turtles (i like turtles) on my 2nd or 3rd date. it wasn't awkward, i appreciated it.

alright, no worries. I shared my view. I would be open to sex but not candy. Candy may be meant for eating but its not really viewed as food. Otherwise people won't be presenting candies to their lovers n as a gift to others on holidays. Now, CD, are you paying for her meals on dates?

i don't think it's too early. it's just a very small gift, it's just food, not perfume.

in the past i was given a gift of these 2 small toy turtles (i like turtles) on my 2nd or 3rd date. it wasn't awkward, i appreciated it.

That reminds me, the Turtles chocolates are NOT good date desserts...they really stick to the teeth!

I don't know why there is so much over-analyzing of a small gesture of human kindness that spells out "I like you". I think giving someone you like some candy (as long as there really are no strings of any kind attached), is very sweet and innocent. Make sure, of course, that you are just doing it to do something nice for the girl, and you truly don't expect anything AT ALL (not even the promise of a continued relationship, or even a THANK YOU), because she will catch that vibe and it will get weird. Gifts given with "strings attached" are not true gifts. Just be sure you are doing it simply to be nice.

nothing major, just a small gift bag with her favorite Candy. So I was thinking wait and see how well things go this week and then show up on the 3rd date with a cute gift?

Yes, too early. She might feel you're trying to buy her affection by giving gifts. Postpone gifts until at least date 6 and then if everything goes fine, give her very small and cheap gift.

I've loved the small gifts I received - on a first date on valentine's day or near it, a single rose and a bag of M&M's, a pretty magnet from someone's travels, a CD I mentioned wanting - as long as it is "small" and thoughtful or relates to a conversation we had I think the gesture is lovely.

I've loved the small gifts I received - on a first date on valentine's day or near it, a single rose and a bag of M&M's, a pretty magnet from someone's travels, a CD I mentioned wanting - as long as it is "small" and thoughtful or relates to a conversation we had I think the gesture is lovely.

I am a big collector of fridge magnets when I travel...my refrigerator is covered with them. When I travel I like the tacky souvenirs that are very typical for that particular place...for example, from France I have a tiny replica of the Eiffel Tower....I have a miniature double decker bus from London, a replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a replica of the San Francisco Streetcars etc. M&Ms are always good too!

I definitely agree with those who acknowledge that it's a nice gesture. And candy is really not a "gift" so I don't think there is real risk of scaring her off. If I like a guy and he brings me something inexpensive like that that shows that he was thinking of me, I think it's cute. I think if she reacts negatively to this ether (1) she does not like you (this does not seem to be the case though for this particular lady) or (2) she is being irrational and reading way way too much into it (again, a reasonable person would not do this and I would take it as a red flag if someone thought it meant something that it does not).

• 1 year later...

Archived