Wish me luck

redrose85

Well, good for you redroses. I went in for an interview today. I think it went well also. I seemed to get along pretty well with the manager. He's going to notify me Monday if I get the gig.

It's a good thing I went there, cuz I had another job I was SUPPOSED to start today. I got a phone call from that place, like 30 MINUTES before I was supposed to start that they are postponing the training day a few days.

I went down to the place, just to see what gives, I saw ALOT of other employees there.. I don't know if it was just cuz it was a busy day in that store and all the other stores nearby that they postponed it.. or it's their cagey way of saying I don't actually had the job!

I've never ever run into this before, where a company gives you a start date, then suddenly changes it last minutes on you!

Good luck to you... you have that classy look to you, sort of like Sarah Palin, no wonder things went well. Hope you are gainfully employed soon.

I hope it works out for you crosstown. The Sarah Palin reference made me laugh out loud. I'm actually leaning towards the second job. It's just a coffee shop, but it's a small-family owned shop, and he seems really willing to work with my schedule, unlike other places. He has a son in one of my classes, so he gets that this time of year is crazy, and I want a maximum of 12 hours per week right now, and more when I have time in Dec. The first job is for a large corporation, and because I have a lot of different work experience, I could get hired on for $9 plus, which is a perk. I don't know how much the coffee shop would pay. So, I'm kind of see-sawing. Both places are close to home, which is good.

Archived