Ready to tell all of you the conversation I had with my crush

winter whiteout

I am ready to tell you the convo I had with my crush this past Thursday. I really would like to know what you think.

First off I have this cool weather forecaster station that has a huge screen and gives you the 7 day forecast for your city. I was at work and had it with me and I was scrolling throught the different cities and Hawaii came up. At that point I was right by my crush's office. I walked right up to him and said "hey Jeff, it is 80 in Hawaii right now"! Can you get any more lame that that? He looked at me as if I was weird and said "wish I was there". Then I said I am a weather spotter from my village and I report snow to the NWS every winter and that weather is my passion. He said "you are in the right place". I don't know if he meant in a bad way because the work I am doing does not relate to the weather or if he meant I am in the right place being the city we live in the weather changes all the time. Then I said winter is coming very soon in our area and he agreed. I was scrolling to get to our city to show him and I was shaking so bad. I felt like the biggest jerk at that point. I was talking about myself and my passion and talking about the weather station. I just froze and did not know what else to do. I was the closest I have ever been to him and my heart would not stop beating fast. He is the only one at this point that does that to me and other men I find attractive don't have the effect.

Ok to finish what happened. I showed him our city on the weather forecaster station and he said "oh, it is 63 out. Then I said again how we will have a bookends winter this year and then I was walking away and said "I miss being able to ice skate". If some of you don't know I walk with a rolling cane and can't do a lot of physical activties (except for the most important one!) but he was looking at me really weird and I said "have a good night and walked away.

Ok. Give it to me straight. I screwed up. I just can't believe I walked up to him and the first thing i said "hey, it is 80 degrees in Hawaii ](*,) Also just talking about MY passion. Like I keep saying he was looking at me as if I was weird. I wanted to crawl into a hole. I was holding the weather station and I was shaking and it was more obvious because I was holding it.

Did I screw up and ruin everything? Could he not be interested because of the stupid things I said? I really want to aviod him now and don't know if I can face him.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

You are passionate about something, thats amazing that you feel comforatble enough to talk about it. You didnt mess up you did what anyone would do when in the prescence of a crush.. freeze lol and talk about the first thing on your mind, and theres nothing wrong with that, why dont you try asking him out for a cup of coffee so you can get a chance to talk to him about what he likes to do, and dont feel stupid if the first thing you talk about is weather again your just realting to something your comfortable about, for all you know when you sit down together he may not stop talking about cars. If in the offchance he wont go have coffee and you feel that you have made enough of an effort to show you want to get to know him and he keeps shutting you down, maybe he has emotional problems or even doesnt like you, then realise that you atleast made a strong effort to show your feelings and he may or may not come up to you one day and take up the offer of coffee you never know what people are going through in life therefore it is tough to know if he just doesnt like you or if its something eles so dont just give up hope and think he doesnt like you because you talked about your passion, realise it may just be bad timing.

... I hope this helps if it didnt you are more then welcome to give me one of these peace.

WW,

OMG! What you did was start a conversation with your crush! HORRORS! LOL!

You did nothing wrong....you can't read his mind, can you? If it had been me, I'd have started scrolling with you, finding out the weather where my relatives live, like a game with you.

You weren't brazen, bold or stupid. His reaction was his reaction. His loss too!

Thank you KG! The thing is he is the manager of his department and he manages the supervisors in his department so he has the second highest position in his department and his boss is the director. His department is right there so I wonder if part of the reason he acted like he did was because he did not want to make anything obvious to anyone. I really don't know. I am just guessing. I just can't face him now.

I think you are reading to much into it as far as things being obvious. It is entirely possible that being in such a high level position he thinks he is god's gift to the world and the people at the lower levels in the company are too beneath him. I would give up on this guy and not bother with him. If you try to come on to him it may have a negative impact on you work-wise. There is nothing wrong with the conversation you struck up...it is pretty normal conversation that you could have with anyone at work. I think you are overly sensitive because of your interest in him. I think you really need to get a grip on that because you don't want to make things uncomfortable for yourself at work.

As far as work is concerned the company does not care if you date anyone as long as you are not in the same department. There are currently many couples at work that are dating as we speak and a couple of them got married. So that part I am not worried about. But I guess you are right Crazyaboutdogs I should just forget about him.

You sound quirky. I had a video of that scene running through my head and it looked like the beginning of a movie- girl likes boy/ boy not interested/ boy likes bimbo/ boy realises bimbos arent very interesting/ boy takes another look at quirky weather fanatic type girl/ realises he was under his nose all along..

LOL

saltandvinegar that is funny! Actually I am more of a glamour girl that like to dress classy and wear make up and I think people are surprised when they ask me when is it going to turn colder and I say it all depends when the North Atlantic Oscillation tanks negative and when the Arctic Oscillation tanks negative along with many other factors. I am natural on the inside, where it counts the most.

saltandvinegar that is funny! Actually I am more of a glamour girl that like to dress classy and wear make up and I think people are surprised when they ask me when is it going to turn colder and I say it all depends when the North Atlantic Oscillation tanks negative and when the Arctic Oscillation tanks negative along with many other factors. I am natural on the inside, where it counts the most.

LOL

Im just a visual person, and it was like the start of a romantic comedy.

I know a bit about your situation from your threads, and particularaly the one about him looking at you. And I know your confidence is a bit low, or has been, in your other threads, and its understandable.

But you know have you ever considered that this guy might have a crush on you too? But that there are factors about you to working together?

Why dont you start a dialogue in your head that saysthat he likes you to, and notice how much more confident you are around him, and see what happens from there?

Do you know what I mean?

I think that would drive a lot of men wild I'm serious!!!!!!

I think that would drive a lot of men wild I'm serious!!!!!!

Are you talking about how I like to forecast the weather using teleconnections and analog years and more rely on the Europeon weather model than the Gov't GFS model which mostly sucks in the winter? I could go on and on for hours about the weather.

Announcement;

WW will be wed on New Years Eve, to shy weird office guy, live, on the Weather Channel at 9PM, unless the European Facilation Tanks collide with El Nino, sending the Antarctic into a collision course with Spain.

Please stay tuned!

It's ok KG. I took a few minutes to think about everything and I think I just have to laugh at myself for going up to my crush and the first thing I say is "it is 80 degrees in Hawaii". The thing that is funny is that I was talking to him like we were good friends but we have hardly talked to each other. I really want to get past this and I guess be proud I had the guts to go up to him. But oh why did I have to be shaking in front of him? Ok. I will try my hardest to laugh this off and tell myself it is normal to have a crush on someone and to make a fool of yourself because you are nervous.

It's ok KG. I took a few minutes to think about everything and I think I just have to laugh at myself for going up to my crush and the first thing I say is "it is 80 degrees in Hawaii". The thing that is funny is that I was talking to him like we were good friends but we have hardly talked to each other. I really want to get past this and I guess be proud I had the guts to go up to him. But oh why did I have to be shaking in front of him? Ok. I will try my hardest to laugh this off and tell myself it is normal to have a crush on someone and to make a fool of yourself because you are nervous.

I think its funny, and reminds me of how i was in highschool crushes *sigh*.

I think all this weather talk could be very arousing for a man. Its like, you may as well be talking french to him (and we all know how men like that) because thats how much he probably understands your weather talk. LOL

I think its funny, and reminds me of how i was in highschool crushes *sigh*.

I think all this weather talk could be very arousing for a man. Its like, you may as well be talking french to him (and we all know how men like that) because thats how much he probably understands your weather talk. LOL

See the thing is I am 45 years old and I kind of feel stupid having a crush like this at my age. Because you think of high school crushes and is this what I am doing? I am too old?

Archived