What do you define as appropriate time together on the weekends?

a_lifters_life

I was wondering for those in relationships (many many of you ) how often do you hang with your SO is it like:

1) Hang mostly all of the weekend?

2) One night with the SO, the other with friends, sunday doing stuff by yourself ?

3) A different situation ?

And how does this correlate during the week?

Also, does this 'time-together' factor change significantly as you age?

In a temporary LDR- when he is in town our goal is to spend as much time together as possible - no set routine, just that mindset- with exceptions - for example, he is in town this weekend mainly to go to an event (that I am invited to but we decided it was best if I not attend) and to see his family so we won't spend as much time together as usual, but he is in next weekend again.

In a temporary LDR- when he is in town our goal is to spend as much time together as possible - no set routine, just that mindset- with exceptions - for example, he is in town this weekend mainly to go to an event (that I am invited to but we decided it was best if I not attend) and to see his family so we won't spend as much time together as usual, but he is in next weekend again.

So you see him on the weekends only for the most part?

So you see him on the weekends only for the most part?

No..... if he comes in for a weekend he usually comes in Wednesday/Thursday-Monday so we at least have those extra days/time. Next week he will be in Tuesday-following Monday. Over the summer he was in town for half the summer and in a few months we will be living in the same city, permanently.

my boyfriend and i are long distance as well. only by about an hour and a half usually but he's working 5 hours away for the next 3 weeks. i'm in school full time and i work part-time, so when he's not working up north he'll usually come down on thursday evening when i'm done classes for the day and stay until saturday afternoon when i have to go to work. i've taken the bus up to see him on long weekends a couple times.

when he lived in the same city as me when he was going to school for a few months, we would see each other almost every day, if only for a couple of hours. he's definitely one of those guys that needs his own space and "guy time" even if it's just to play xbox or watch a hockey game, but he would usually come visit me after and sometimes spend the night (we both had twin beds at the time which definitely do not fit two people comfortably). i usually worked on the weekends so the weekends weren't much different than the rest of the week for us.

When I'm home it's usually Fri- Sun. We would probably see each other on Friday aternoon/ night, Sat he would do guy stuff and I would see friends/ family then on Sunday we would spend a few hours chilling before I had to go back to school.

Hk87

My husband has been working away for almost 3 years now. On the weekends he comes home we spend time together, but we have a son to parent, and families to see and he has his interests and I have mine etc. The last time we had time together "just us" was July, we went out to dinner.

I was wondering for those in relationships (many many of you ) how often do you hang with your SO is it like:

1) Hang mostly all of the weekend?

2) One night with the SO, the other with friends, sunday doing stuff by yourself ?

3) A different situation ?

And how does this correlate during the week?

Also, does this 'time-together' factor change significantly as you age?

Good question.

Me and my SO: (he works Monday to Saterday.)

Me and him hang out the whole weekend, in the evenings from 7pm to mightnight or after. (fri-sun)

He has loads of other work to get done during the day. Or he spends some time with his friends.

We don't see each other during the week, so we tend to spend most of our weekends together. I'd say atleast two nights completely alone, maybe the third evening doing our own thing with separate friends, go out together with friends or with another couple. There are some weekends where we are together Friday right through till Sunday evening.

Time during the week is non existant for us to be together, unless we squeeze in a sleep over, or a lunch or breakfast, which is rare, so we often times spend the three days of the weekend together, almost like an automatic given. And as things come up, invites, boy's night/girl's night, etc..we sort out our weekends to balance and compromise and figure out how to see each other and do other things.

When me and my SO started "dating" we seen each other - 2-3 times a week and 1 whole weekend day & night together then it progressed to a whole weekend together (day and night) if we had things to get done during the day we would do them together or separate for a few hours here and there.

When we moved in together we pretty much spend all weekend days & nights together. We go out with friends every once in awhile, separately or sometimes with groups. Outside of work, gym and a few other hobbies here and there - we spend our time together during the week.

I think each couple is different and as long as both parties are happy with the way they spend time together, there is no "appropirate" time together.

We both have busy schedules. I work 40+ hours per week and go to school part time. I work six days per week. He owns his own law office and works seven days a week. He probably puts in about 65 hours per week. We see each other every night for at least a couple hours and every Saturday and Sunday night. If you want to, you find the time if you are within a reasonable distance from each other.

We don't see each other during the week, so we tend to spend most of our weekends together. I'd say atleast two nights completely alone, maybe the third evening doing our own thing with separate friends, go out together with friends or with another couple. There are some weekends where we are together Friday right through till Sunday evening.

Time during the week is non existant for us to be together, unless we squeeze in a sleep over, or a lunch or breakfast, which is rare, so we often times spend the three days of the weekend together, almost like an automatic given. And as things come up, invites, boy's night/girl's night, etc..we sort out our weekends to balance and compromise and figure out how to see each other and do other things.

This sounds like my situation. I live 40 minutes away (1hr in traffic) from my SO, so usually spending Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun, or even Fri-Sun is a given since we don't hang out during the week. Sometimes we deviate from that and we spend more or less depending on what things we have going on during the week. Part of the reason that we spend so much time together is that we have the same hobby/passion so we do that together. I do agree that there is no "right amount" to be spending, just as long as it works for both people and you are not ignoring your other priorities, goals, etc.

the "appropriate" amount of time varies for every relationship! i have two close friends who are a couple, and although they talk most nights on the phone, they will spend one night per week/two weeks together, and that's it. it works well for them!

for my partner and i, we spend most nights of the week together 3-5 depending on schedules, but don't see eachother most days unless its a 45 minute lunch break some week days.

it works for us!

Should I Stay Or Leave My Relations...
Should I Stay Or Leave My Relationship

Archived