He was my brother's friend, should I pursue?

LonelyMoondancer

So, I've always had trouble finding guys I find good enough to date. Maybe my expectations were way too high and I wasn't making enough effort to approach people. I stopped caring and figured once I met someone I liked, I'd act on it.

I'm not sure I have a crush on this person I'm going to explain, but he does intrigue me. He was once best friends with my older brother when we were growing up. His family and mine then lost touch for about nine years, and I bumped into him months ago and we talked a bit. Of course I've changed a lot in the last nine years- though I'm still his friend's kid sister, I'm no longer a kid. After that encounter, he added my brother on myspace and then added me two weeks later, which I found a bit interesting. I've just found out that he's coming to my university soon to give a speech to my religious studies group which is small, so I can definitely say hi to him.

I'm just confused if I should try to pursue him more, or how to. He is very intelligent and I think we have lots in common, and he comes from a great family. I don't know if it's weird that I'm the younger sister of someone who was once upon a time his friend. Also we're five years apart. Something else, is that he's totally not my type lookswise but I'm somehow willing to overlook it. But I don't know if I actually have a crush on him or whether he just interests me, or whether that even matters. Should I try to get to know him anyway or would that be wrong, like trying to lead someone on. Also, what could I really say to him when he comes aside from hey, great speech and how's the family? Last time I saw him we already updates one another on our families and schooling.

It's not that I'm not attracted to him at all- I actually am. I think he's adorable in a sweet awkward way, but what I meant was that he doesn't fit the mold of the guy I'm usually attracted to physically. I rarely meet those kinds of guys anyway and when I do they're not that nice so I thought maybe it's about time to lower my expectations or I'll never date properly. Plus I remember reading in these threads that when you get to know a person better your attraction grows and they become gorgeous in your eyes when you care about them enough.

I'm just not sure what to make of the fact that he added me two weeks after my brother. It gave me the idea that he thought about it before deciding to add me when he could have added us both at once. Aside from that I have nothing to go on to gauge his interest seeing as he was sweet and smiley when he talked to me, but he could have been that way with anyone.

Would it be weird to message him before he comes to give the speech? I wouldn't know what to say... or should I just talk to him after he gives it? I just don't want to seem like a creep if it turns out he doesn't even think of me that way lol.

Archived