Funstuff

Hey, like i know this sounds stupidd but iv never even thought of the idea of going out with anyone younger, but i met this girl who i work with whos in grade 11, (im in first year of university) and shes like a year and a half younger than me.

Im wondering like should i be ok with that, im like going crazy here.

And i really like her, and stuff but her dad is apparently like a really strict rich dad which is intimidateinggg -.-, and i dont know if it will make it worse that im older.

Well, it might be better that you are older and going to school. This shows that you are mature...I have the same age gap in my relationship. I'm 19 and he's 21. If you like her, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Although keep in mind she is still a minor!

Absolutely nothing wrong with going out with someone younger than you. Last year when I was 18, I went out with a 16 year old actually. At younger ages like these we tend to question whether or not it is acceptable more often, but when you get older these age differences really mean nothing. Take for instance my parents. They have a 10 year age separation at 68 and 58. Now consider if my dad were 18...that would mean my mom was 8. So I think 18 and 16 is ok haha. And about the dad thing, just be confident in yourself and when you meet him stand tall and talk firmly. Show him that you are mature and that you can take care of and protect his daughter. Good luck.

hah ya i live in canada and if im over 18 its legal as long as there is no more than a 3 year gap with the person younger or somthing of that sorts.

I was just like would the dad dislike it more that im older.

Hes pretty strict with like curfews, i have 0 curfews on schoolnights i can go out they dont mind me drinking etc, as long as i maintain my marks im free pretty much. But she isnt allowed to do anything of that sort (She does anyway) But i defintaly dont want to be the blame or anything.

I don't really know how to go with it, my parents used to be the exact same way until i pretty much was like get off my back and let me do what works for me.

So im sort of not trying to push it

• 2 weeks later...

Thats just life tho, it will never change, when your older and dating older women they'll have jobs and other commitments as well. your never going to find someone with the exact same "flexibility" as you, hence why sometimes u need to put effort into a relationship to make time together

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This is an age gap how?

you never know, because they are so young it could even jeopardize a relationship but if your confident with it so be it, not saying it wont work of course sometimes it does! but often us younger kids have a change of heart and havent experienced much. one could be more mature than the other even by a year (but i geuss it also depends from person to person)

but see where it takes you, life is so unpredictable!

Awesome Way to Tell She Likes You
Awesome Way to Tell She Likes You

Archived