So...he's talking to me right now... and he's being weird.

anya85

So I haven't spoken to the ex in 4 days. I'm doing LC... Any way, so today I log on and he immediately messages me. Asking how I am, what I'm doing, if I voted, blah blah blah. He seems sort of nosey, but like he's being nosey in a polite way to hide it. I tell him some of my views about the outcome of the election and he agrees with me wholeheartedly. We were happy about it, btw.

Then he's like "I'm an * * * * * * * , aren't it?" so I question what he means and he's like "I just feel like an * * * * * * * ." then he's like "nevermind. I don't know what I'm talking about.". So I change the subject-- I tell him I'm excited because I have 4 days off and I'm going to relax and have an awesome weekend. So he's all like "that's great!", "what are your plans??" "what have you been up too?". Then out of nowhere he's like "are you seeing any one?" and I'm surprised by the question, but I tell him no. Then he's like "neither am I". I didn't know what to respond to that though so I was quiet for awhile and then I just say "ah". Then he's like "thoughts?"---again, I didn't know what to say to that so I was like... "on what exactly? how have you been by the way?" so then he starts telling me what he's been up too--a whole lot of nothing pretty much.

He's acting very strange. He's dancing around showing interest in my life, but backs off without ever actually saying anything. Maybe he's having doubts? Or maybe he's just lonely...

He wants to see if you're willing to put yourself onto the backburner for him, so he can have a safety net while he goes fishing for something better. You're right not to do it. If he really wants to get back together with you, the least he can do is come out with it in a committed fashion. Until that time, keep playing it straight down the line as you have done, and you'll be fine.

Archived