okay, now I'm pissed!

Leon

I had already explained in detail a sistuation involving a female friend at work. Basically, she emotionally manipulated me and I was too lazy and had too much fun with her too really care. We use to have a more laid back manager, so we goofed around a lot. Of course we still got the job done. But after our old manager stepped down and we got a slightly more goal oriented manager, she has slowly changed and been more of a kill joy.

The problem is that since I am still more joking around at work, I'm viewed as immature by her all of a sudden, when in reality I just feel that it's stupid to work and not have a little fun if time allows. I'm really sweet to the regulars and the girls that come in love me. I just am not as arrogant or obnoxious as some of the other coworkers she all of a sudden adores. One day I was not able to finish all my work and I left a note saying what needed to be done. The next day, she not only gets on my case indirectly, but gets other people on me too. It made me feel like i was worthless to the team.

She's constantly lieing and being hypocritocal. She's being such a grade A $&@# to me and I don't get it and I won't stand for it. I can't call her cause she told me she won't answer me. I can't confront her at work obviously. So I'm left wit choice but to play her little game. I work with her alone some nights. My friend suggested I ignore her and be short with her as much as I can and if she asks what my problem is I answer with: "hey, I'm just here to do my job."

well, you know what? business is business. you play by the rules or you get bit. unfortunately, you can't have your fun anymore. keep it up and you can see the worst happen. when i'm at work it's all professional. i do what is necessary to get paid and i know my boundaries. sounds like you need to find yours with this new boss. not the bosses fault for doing their job now is it?

i would not recommend being short and curt with her. Ixnay on that.

I know a lot of people that dont go to work to make friends, they just work to work and nothing else. Sure - its fun to have some fun at work sometimes ..but some people dont go there to have fun or make friends. You cant change her, but you can change yourself and let her just be.

I would agree IF it were not for the fact that:

A) its not a serious job

B) most of us are part-time

C) we are all in our late teens early 20s

D) she goofs off w/everyone else when they are more inappropriate with sexual jokes and what not.

E) we were friends long before this mess and we BOTH acknowlede that friendship, its not one way.

But I guess some people just won't get it.

You may have been at your job for a while & had proved to the old manager that you got the job done, but as far as the new boss goes that is irrelevant. You're going to have to prove yourself all over again. If you get a little more serious at work & work a little harder, that will tell your new boss that you really are a good employee. Then maybe you can ease up on the seriousness. It's annoying to have someone all up in your business but you're just going to have to suck it up for a while. Be respectful & act like you care about getting the job done.. that's all they want.

Archived