She says sge pregnant...I'm not so sure

lurker219

A little back ground first...Started off with this young lady who advised she wanted to date in July. Later in the summer, we had an argument in which she mentioned I was just a piece of {Mod Edit} or a {Mod Edit} buddy. In my mind, I stuck with that and didn't care for more than hanging out and what not.

Flash forward a couple months, she asks for more and wants me in her childs life. I tell her we're good where we are. she tries this angle again and I tell her we need to stop as is.

Flash forward a couple more weeks. We had unprotected sex two weeks ago a week after her first period in nearly a year( she has irregular periods).

A few days ago, a full week before her period was due, she calls and says she's pregnant. She then says she took two year old tests that said yes. She took a cheaper new test that said no...I picked up a new test that said what appears to be no. It's a + or - test. I couldn't see a +. I could see where it should be.

I ask why not wait until her period is due and test then. She then says she has an appointment to get:

1.ultrasound

2.blood test

I would think a blood test comes first. when I question her on this she kind of pulls back. Today, she can't raise a child by herself. I told her if she's pregnant and it's mine, I will commit myself to the child(being there for the child financial etc)but I couldn't commit to her and a relationship.

She calls today and says that I should try to live with her for 1 year and see if it works(assuming a child is born)if not, she will have to get an abortion. I tell her the truth, I can’t make a promise to try and basically fall in love with her and move in. Obviously, I’m not too old fashioned but moving in is next to getting married. The last person I moved in with took 3 years of dating to get to the point and we were married shortly afterwards. She then counters with trying to make it work for 6 months and if we can’t adoption.

I've talked to 5 women without telling them the last part and they think she's playing a game or demented and trying to wish herself pregnant. A good friend of mine thinks that when she figures out I'm not getting into a relationship with her, suddenly, she will have a period(which isn't supposed to start until next week, a miscarriage or something else along those lines)

She claims to be going for a blood test soon. I wish I could have access to the results. No home test taken in my presense has come up +

My question..... has anyone heard of someone acting like this. This sounds totally crazy to me to try and extort a relationship at worse trick one at best

Even if she was pregnant, if it's from you having unprotected sex only 2 weeks ago it'd still be quite early for a positive home pregnancy test. I agree, she needs to get a blood test when it's closer to the time for her period to come also demand she show you proof from the doctors office. Can you be there with her when she goes to the doctor?

This doesn't sound right... perhaps she is scared she is pregnant by someone else, and needs to rope someone in to pay her bills, and quickly.

I would say don't have sex with her again, and tell her that if the baby proves to be yours you will be financially responsible, but you are not interested in a relationship with her nor living with her regardless and won't do it.

And if she is pregnant, after you do a paternity test when the baby is born, if it proves to be yours you will pay child support, but not until then.

I suspect she is either not pregnant, or the child isn't yours.

Some desperate women do lie about being pregnant, or even use a real pregnancy for the purpose of getting a guy to commit or stick around in her life. If she's lying to you about being pregnant to manipulate you into being in a relationship with her, that's a major problem. I'd be extra careful about this girl. Use protection next time you have sex with her; you don't want her getting pregnant with your child for real.

It seems like she is making it up only because everything is too fast. 2 weeks after unprotected sex, she thinks she's pregnant & wants you to move in? You should definitely go with her for the blood test & see the results personally. But honestly, I think it's even early for a blood test.

If she is pretending to be pregnant (or "wishfully thinking" she is) you will know soon enough either way if her belly doesn't grow.

I'm sure you know this anyway, but: condoms! condums! condums!!! from now on!

You can ask to see the results of the dr. given pregnancy test.

I can't tell you how to live your life but I do think that a child needs both parents. You did have sex with her unprotected. You are partially responsible.

I don't think its unreasonable for her to want to try and make it work with you two for the baby. Lots of girls would want that. I think if you see the results of the dr. pregnancy test you should probably step up until you can get a paternity test and assume its yours.

Well last night I get a call from her. She says her test results came back and she's not pregnant. She went into a few possibilities why she hasn't had her period(which still isn't due for another couple days)and her + HPT results.

She's college educated and her explanations sounded a if she were relating stuff she studied for test. The things she was saying were based on things I read up on including chemical pregnancies and so on.

Did she really think she was..I'll never know..Did she try to play the game...Who knows...Lesson learned....She did thank me for the way I handled this and telling her the truth about not being able to move in with her and so on...Go figure...

Well last night I get a call from her. She says her test results came back and she's not pregnant. She went into a few possibilities why she hasn't had her period(which still isn't due for another couple days)and her + HPT results.

She's college educated and her explanations sounded a if she were relating stuff she studied for test. The things she was saying were based on things I read up on including chemical pregnancies and so on.

Did she really think she was..I'll never know..Did she try to play the game...Who knows...Lesson learned....She did thank me for the way I handled this and telling her the truth about not being able to move in with her and so on...Go figure...

What was her reasoning behind the positive home pregnancy tests? There is only maybe 1% (If even that..) of a pregnancy test having a false positive. If she was college educated, she would know that. I think she just got caught in her game and is trying to make out the good guy here. I wouldn't fall for it if I were you.

What was her reasoning behind the positive home pregnancy tests? There is only maybe 1% (If even that..) of a pregnancy test having a false positive. If she was college educated, she would know that. I think she just got caught in her game and is trying to make out the good guy here. I wouldn't fall for it if I were you.

Her reasoning was "it's possible I was pregnant but the egg wasn't viable. I think I'll have a real have period soon" She spoke using a lot of terms that I found online.

My friend told me when I told her about this as quick as she finds out I'm not going to move in and start a relationship or if I did move in she would suddenly have:

1.Her period

2.A miscarriage that would create the need for more closeness.

3.If I didn't play ball, she would have hit me with the news she had an abortion.

Anything that would explain why she isn't getting bigger....

Again...lesson learned...

Archived