Lack of confronting, leading to a rage.

Pall Wall

I'm a guy that believes in Compromise; Circumstances; Principals; and doing what is right, and it's who I want to be, and strive to be. But at the time I feel like I'm a bomb that could go off, because I never got to have a full confrontation and enough closure with enough people. I've never been in arguments, and never wanted to lead to them, or make them get deeper and deeper cause of my parents arguing growing up. The Negative things I've seen people do, the negative things I've heard them say, I've always been doing the opposite, because I always thought they were digging themselves into their own ditches and I didn't want to do that. Metaphorically speaking I've watch others reach up into the fire and get burned, and I didn't want to get burned.

In conclusion I'm calm, mellow, quiet, considerate, and kind all the time, but I feel like there is a rage building up inside, like it's either eating away at me, or in time it could burst out in a way that could have bad consequences. And I feel it could all be a result of "lack of confrontation and closure." I am not hot tempered like my father and older brother are. But I'm afraid I might be like them, or something worse. Or I feel like never letting out confrontation will make me a coward forever.

I can give you all examples of things in the past if it will help you get a better insight of myself.

No, it won't make you a coward, but it'll make your cauldron bubble.

I'm hot tempered too. Fast to react and slow to think. Though sometimes, that's exactly what I need to get my head back on straight.

Letting off steam is a good thing, in my opinon. Letting things 'bottle up' is noever a good thing. Best to deal with issues as they arise - or they add up and turn into bigger problems.

i have the EXACT same problem and I have exploded 3 times. Each and every time it happened, it scared both myself and the people around me.

You need to learn, gradually, how to make decisions for you, and to put your foot down - or you run the risk of something horrible coming from deep inside you.

Archived