Belly Fat

link removed

A recent study in the International Journal of Obesity revealed that "women who alternated cycling as fast as possible for 8 seconds with 12-second rest periods repeated for 20 minutes dropped 9.5 percent of their mushy middles, whereas those who cycled steadily for 40 minutes gained."

They didn't gain the weight from the steady bicycling... its more likely that the people who were opting for the 'easier' form of exercise weren't taxing their bodies hard enough and they didn't lose as many calories.

The old saying is true. No pain, no gain.

When I run I go as far as I can at a running pace until I get tired, walk a block, and then cycle a quick run and walk for about 30 minutes, with a 10 minute cooldown walk at the end.

Lost a decent amount around the waist from this when paired with a change in diet where I cut sugary drinks down to 1 a day. Still having trouble getting the abs to show through though.

I found it interesting, no wonder people take spinning!

I'm actually thinking of trying to get into something to tone up. Maybe yoga or pilates? What would be best?[/QUOTE]

Diet and weightlifting

Cardio interval in the morning... heavy weights 3 times a week in the evening... eating clean.

i do that on the stairmaster. you have to alter speeds or your body will get used to it. each time a tic on the machine changes i change the level. i go up 3 speeds until the next tic then go back to the slower pace. it's pretty tough. each tic is about 1 min 20 s.

i do that on the stairmaster. you have to alter speeds or your body will get used to it. each time a tic on the machine changes i change the level. i go up 3 speeds until the next tic then go back to the slower pace. it's pretty tough. each tic is about 1 min 20 s.

stair master is the scariest machine i have EVER been on.

it's not really scary lol. before though i used to have a HARD time staying on it longer then 2 minutes.

then i choose the "HILL" setting. it's meant to be great for ur buttocks.

i let it work it's way up to level 5 then go all the way back down to 1, then 2, then 3, etc.

oh and my bum lookd great thanks to it. (this post makes me want to go use it again..)

i'm currently doing spinning classes and that costs me $40. to use the gym they charge extra (i'm guessing another $40). so i need to pick which i'd rather do. i'm doing spinning to lose my belly fat. it's fun, but a bit hard.

Archived