Beautiful People

Stinkweed

Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Pov...
Tired Of Being Broke? Lose your Poverty Programming

A generalization I wish to get over...

Rich people can get away with much more than not so rich people cause they can always pay for their bail (just look at celebrities. They're just flesh and bone like we are). Not so rich people will have to do their time. Well with beautiful people they can get away with playing games with others cause they're beautiful and they can lie just like everybody else. Not to say that all beautiful people do this, but there are more beautiful people than "not so beautiful" that are going to lead you on or use you for an ego boost (had the latter happen to me recently... still happening so I dunno how much more she thinks she could've milked me cause I already stopped paying attention weeks ago this girl was freakin beautiful and for one brief period of time I believed her act and thought "huh... maybe beautiful girls can be nice for no reason too") cause "not so beautiful" people, although they could use the ego-boost and positive reinforcement, will just not get it as easily as a model-like person would.

Just sayin... I know not all beautiful people do this, but there IS that chance and I, myself, think it's greater than with a "not so beautiful" person. It's like who do you think would most likely kill you: a person pointing a loaded gun at you, or a person 10 feet away with a butter knife?

I dunno, just wondering if anybody else think like this sometimes?

Stop trying to date women out of your league. Find your league and you'll be happy.

Well, okay, first of all, you don't know what my league is. Fact is, I've got none, cause I would at least been on a date, let alone on a date with a woman I actually like. I don't care. But People give so much importance to dumb things... What YOU look like, what shoes you're wearing... I don't care. Most of my friends look like bums. Only reason I look a bit cleaner is cause thanks to my parents I can afford to.

PLUS I never said I was trying to date anybody. The girl from my example talked to me first. I had actually seen her and just from her looks I thought she was one of them stuck up super hot bohemian wannabes who just dress the part cause it's cool to be different. Maybe my assumption isn't too far off is what I concluded. But she only reinforced what was already there... But I used to doubt it now she just made it worse.

Well, now that you've cemented that in your beliefs. What are you going to do about it?

This post leads nowhere constructive.

Yes, I would like to know if:

1- I'm alone

2- what can I do to get over stupid things like this. I hate generalizing, cause I know what it's like to be generalized...

Edit: Please believe me that I don't mean to upset anybody. I KNOW I'm wrong. But I want to not let such trivial things blind me.

No you are not alone. I feel the same way and it still pisses me off, so I'll tell you what I try to do.

lol @ date within your league.

Can I speak of weak and poor people in the same derogatory fashion that unattractive people are accustomed to and get away with it? Probably not. Anyways.....on to the post.

That's the problem with this whole idea. Beautiful people have not earned their beauty. Sure, you might work out and stay in shape, but plenty of unattractive people do that and nothing changes. Unattractive people have done nothing to deserve their fate. Yet tons of people are willing to make judgments of worth and all sorts of assumptions based on a ridiculous genetic roll of the dice.

Stop thinking in terms of beauty and think of everyone the same. Women are women. Men are men. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. Treat physical image like it's supposed to be treated...subjectively. No one can be beautiful to everyone. No one can attract everyone. Some people just prefer a certain look, so don't worry about it. You have absolutely no control over it, so why stress over it? It's heartache.

Yes, I would like to know if:

1- I'm alone

2- what can I do to get over stupid things like this. I hate generalizing, cause I know what it's like to be generalized...

Everyone cries foul about this. So, no, you are not alone.

You can get over it by finding what works for you. Stop focusing on what is fair and what isn't fair. And work more on your own self improvement.

Physical self improvement? There's a ceiling for everyone in that regard, and some people are at it.

Mental self improvement? That would make me content with my unfair situation, but I am not sure that merely being content will fix anything. Self improvement is such a general phrase...it's a lot like be confident.

Physical self improvement? There's a ceiling for everyone in that regard, and some people are at it.

Mental self improvement? That would make me content with my unfair situation, but I am not sure that merely being content will fix anything. Self improvement is such a general phrase...it's a lot like be confident.

I know that I work on both every day. I am currently learning saxophone and piano. I am working on being a more studious worker. I have also recently became a vegan (it's a good change for me. Not saying it makes me better).

There is a ceiling for physical self improvement but barely anyone actually reaches that.

I know that I work on both every day. I am currently learning saxophone and piano. I am working on being a more studious worker. I have also recently became a vegan (it's a good change for me. Not saying it makes me better).

There is a ceiling for physical self improvement but barely anyone actually reaches that.

New question: How does any of that correlate to physical attraction. I can give you a long list of stuff that I'm good at, but it seems irrelevant to any kind of romantic interaction with someone else. This is obviously not an attack on you, but you are the only one answering my questions right now so I'm curious.

Here's what I mean by "ceiling." A lot of "ugly" guys are not overweight or underweight. Plenty do not dress like they're homeless or clunk around or act oddly. Some people just have faces that aren't that aesthetically pleasing, and faces happen to be something women care about.

Indeed... I like to think I'm decent-looking. Based on the amount of undesired looks I get there's either something horribly wrong with my face or I'm decent-looking. I know I'm not the most good-looking guy. I don't really care either. But that doesn't stop other people from lying to me... They still do. I didn't ask for it, they still did it, and if it were to happen in the future again, I won't know whether they're lying or not and I might fall for it again. I won't know if I finally caught a very lucky break everybody wants but will miss out on it cause of hesitating or if I was just going to get screwed over for being naive.

New question: How does any of that correlate to physical attraction. I can give you a long list of stuff that I'm good at, but it seems irrelevant to any kind of romantic interaction with someone else. This is obviously not an attack on you, but you are the only one answering my questions right now so I'm curious.

Here's what I mean by "ceiling." A lot of "ugly" guys are not overweight or underweight. Plenty do not dress like they're homeless or clunk around or act oddly. Some people just have faces that aren't that aesthetically pleasing, and faces happen to be something women care about.

Rarely have I ever seen a guy who I would actually call "ugly". Most ugly guys are just guys who just look like they haven't grown into their own.

I look at pictures of my bf back when we first started dating. Compared to pictures now, he is a completely different person. Some of it has to do with just plain growing older and his body changing. Some of it has to do with his exercising. But, most of it has to do with his sense of style changing a ton.

I would post pictures of the change but I don't think he'd like that.

I won't disagree with you. The very beautiful and the very rich DO get an easier pass in life. I don't know what to tell you to do about it tho. There is nothing you can do. Just be the best person you can and try not to worry about what your fellow humans are doing.

They still do. I didn't ask for it, they still did it, and if it were to happen in the future again, I won't know whether they're lying or not and I might fall for it again.

You're way too emotional about it this. Everyone gets lied to. The world is full of selfish ignorant people. This should neither surprise nor upset you...

Yeah, I guess that happens with some people. It's just tough. It's hard not to get pissed off at yourself and pissed off at everybody else, that's for sure. If I could turn us all into gray blobs I would, because then at least we'd have some even footing. Knowing that regardless of what I do there's always going to be a severe limitation is absolutely infuriating, but I guess I can work on accepting it.

I also happen to be great at things that are rarely on display unless you attend rock clubs in central Florida, chess competitions in miami, or happen to walk by us playing intramural basketball, hah. Nobody seems to care, and I guess knowing a woman can rock out doesn't do much for me either, so I suppose it makes sense.

Yeah, I guess that happens with some people. It's just tough. It's hard not to get pissed off at yourself and pissed off at everybody else, that's for sure. If I could turn us all into gray blobs I would, because then at least we'd have some even footing. Knowing that regardless of what I do there's always going to be a severe limitation is absolutely infuriating, but I guess I can work on accepting it.

You don't have to accept it though.

It hard to explain, even for someone like me who once considered themselves very unattractive in middle and high school and then came into their own and now considers themselves very attractive (or at least I'd like to think

And, as I said before, I think you are a good looking guy. I wish I knew you in real life so I could explain it better.

You're way too emotional about it this. Everyone gets lied to. The world is full of selfish ignorant people. This should neither surprise nor upset you...

Well, I'm just sayin... I'm afraid one day I'll explode and have no control over it and will be overly rude and hopefully not violent cause it's not just about dating, it's about everything. I thought nice people met other nice people but instead get screwed over by not so nice people and meet nobody.

Also, I'd like to add that I find it very very attractive when guys can play musical (drool at trumpet boys hitting high notes....)instruments, speak foreign languages, and pursue sports. I do the same so I assume a guy that I would like would find it attractive in me if I have similar interests.

I play an instrument, speak a foreign language (in fact english is my second language... and I'm in the process of learning a third language), and I've been trying to get into a sport because, well, I picture myself running on a green field and it'd just feel pretty awesome to run free like that and have fun, I think. Nobody cares about any of that, though. And I don't care that nobody cares cause I do it for my own interest and fun. But I'm just sayin YOU might find things like that interesting, but other beautiful people might just take advantage of those who have multiple honest passions and interests.

How would they take advantage of that?

And, yes, all of my bf's have played instruments, spoken at least one foreign language, and were athletes. I do care.

"Oh, you guys played great. What!?!? Your cousin is an ex-member of As Blood Runs Black and knows dudes from Devil Wears Prada!?!?! Can you give us his number!?!?!!?"

Pretty easy to get taken advantage of in any interest. I can't tell you the number of times hot women have tried to seduce me into doing extra work in groups, etc. etc. etc. I didn't let them and told them that 7/10's aren't worth that much work just to show them what it feels like, but it happens.

How would they take advantage of that?

And, yes, all of my bf's have played instruments, spoken at least one foreign language, and were athletes. I do care.

Yes I said you care, but others will not and will just screw over those who do... Maybe I didn't write it correctly. I meant to say I am sure I'm not the only one who plays an instrument, speaks more than one language and plays sports (would like to do that officially), but I, myself, am a humble person who minds his own business and in the end I guess... I give up, I'm not trying to argue. I'm just sayin there are many more rotten apples out there than there are good ones. I know this is a fact, blah blah "Well that's the real life to you." But, god, I hate it so damn much I wanna punch somebody's teeth in right now...

Archived