I feel like I'm off the beaten path...

Dark Prince

So, I think I'm off the beaten path mostly because I feel like I can never get anywhere with the women I meet. During my classes these past semesters I've never had any luck with getting a date. My self-esteem has mostly been a roller coaster and I've never been able to stay consistent. I can't seem to really flirt with the girls that I meet and it ends up turning into a normal conversation with me just being that average guy you know in class and nothing more.

I mean I don't look that bad, I would say I'm average I suppose, although I could use a good workout which is probably the root of my problem. But, what I'm saying is that I feel like giving up most of the time and can't ever really strive for what I want. I can't seem to be the witty/funny individual that always seems to be successful

I really need some kind of kick in * * * * to push me along and get me moving. There is one girl in one of my classes now that I'm interested in but I'm unsure how I would exactly have her interested in me. I mean, I've been getting to know over the past few classes and I suppose some might say its too late or what have you, but I don't know. Some of the girls I've met, including this one have all ended up telling me within the conversations that they're always busy with work/school stuff and being a workhorse and I don't know if that means anything but it ends up being all the girls that I ever meet and end up trying to flirt with/ask out but end up in failure.

I would really like to try flirting with her and see where it goes instead of ending up in a casual conversation that is always my downfall. Most days I even really need a pick-me-up.

Sorry for the sorta long post, but I couldn't mention it any other way really. So, I suppose what I'm asking here is what can I do to save myself? What can I really do to make me feel confident enough that I'm getting somewhere with a girl I just met or am already getting to know? I don't want to end up sidelined.

Pick up on what they say and make witty comebacks. Be quick with one-liners that are truly amusing. That works for me. If you can't do that, be yourself. You either are the witty, snappy conversationalist type, or you're not. There will be a girl that will be attracted to you because you don't use the lines. You will seem sincere, not a player. Stay yourself, that is what works.

It is about confidence. Exercise will help you with that. Stand tall shoulders back when you walk and talk to people. Smile, the smile is the big thing. You do not have to be witty just genuine. Listen to people, more than talking about yourself. Make eye contact, a gentle touch on the hand.

Just a few suggestions.

Archived