The next step

So I feel myself making some pretty good progress. I still think of the ex very often of course, but I've become quite used to how things are and as a result, I seem to hurt less than I used to. I still get flustered when her name comes up in conversation, and I dread running into her anywhere. But overall, I'm much better than I was even just a few weeks ago.

So now I'd like to take the next step and get back out there. I've met two girls online that seem very nice and that it seems early on that I have a connection with. We've emailed some, and I think it's coming to the point where a date is inevitable. Which brings me to my current fear...I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DATE ANYMORE! Maybe this belongs in the dating section of this forum, but the healing section is where I've spent all my time here and is where I'm most comfortable. Anyway, I'm terrified to go on a date. It seems like forever since I've been on a first date and I'm so scared to do it, but at the same time, I really want to. Has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions?

You definitely should do it. You haven't forgotten how to date (lol), you're just nervous because you forgot what it feels like. It'll all come naturally. Just go out on the date with an open-mind, don't compare the girls with your ex, & just have fun. If anything, it'll speed up the healing process because you'll realize you can move on.

Archived