I am such a fool.Was out with friends on Friday night.I had no intentions or slightest thoughts of ever texting the ex.Suddenly after a few beers I instantly texted the ex..........."Hi M,I hope you're keeping well.Just want you to know I'll always think the world of you".I swear I didn't have control,something made me do it.I mean I do fine for a year and then this.

Anyway as stupid a sit sounds I am glad I did it.I expected nothing from it and thereforee had no expectations.She did text back the next day "Hi,hope all is well with you" I have read absolutely nothing into her reply and am now in a position to move on.I think subconsciously I sent it to her to let her know I had no hard feelings towards her.It was more a passing of the olive branch than anything else.Anyway thankfully I feel like I can now move on knowing that she knows I still think well of her.Unconventional I know,but it seems to be working for me.

I don't see anything wrong with that, as long as you leave it at that. Your text was really subtle & casual--nothing offensive or overwhelming. Her reply was the same. I guess it was one of those things you just wanted to get off your chest. Don't think about it too much, & don't make any further contact.

Certainly is unconventional, most of the time breaking NC makes people feel ten times worse! However, as you said, what works for you works, and if its made you feel better and hasn't hurt either you or the ex, then that's great!

However, don't be tempted to contact her again just to say hi or whatever. Breaking NC can quickly become like a masochistic addiction.

However, don't be tempted to contact her again just to say hi or whatever. Breaking NC can quickly become like a masochistic addiction.

I won't I promise.I think that by contacting her she now knows that I am a genuine person.I never chased,begged,pleaded to her when she split up with me.Sure I tried to save the relationship,but then I walked away.I didn't want her to think I could walk away and never talk to her again.By making contact I believe I have shown her that I am a person with dignity who holds no grudges.

I was prepared to never hear from her again.I believe I did this as part of my healing and not to win her back.I know if contact was to be made again it would have to come from her.I have made my peace,and I feel a great sense of relief.It has truly moved me forward and put me in a better place.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived