Just letting off some steam

funkymonkey3
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I don't know how she could this to me. She was so in love with me and then all of the sudden a month before the break-up she started to distance herself. I saw all of the signs but I hung in there trying to be supportive, hoping that maybe she was just going through a tough time. Lord knows I was. I changed jobs. Bills were piling up. I was stressed but I had her. I thought we could lean on eachother and things would get better. The sex was still great. We had a couple of stupid fights. She felt like I was making her out to be the bad guy all the time. She tried to let me go that month.

Niether one of us wanted to walk away but I know she was listening to her stupid room-mate. This chick hated me and she didn't even know me. Just heard about the the small arguments cuz she was around when we were on the phone. We went out for her birthday and things were just incredibly uncomfortable. I wanted so badly to get along with her friends but things got off to a bad start. I still hung in there. Spent the night at her house, got up in the morning hungover as hell to a livingroom full of all her girlfriends. I was nervous and it was the first time I met any of them really. I wasn't acting like myself. I told my family and they were pretty shocked. I've never been disliked. I'm just one of those guys that get along with everybody but not one of them opened up to me at all. Me and my girl had good chemistry but things were weird around her close friends. I feel like she made her decision based on that or maybe my instincts were right and she had somebody else lined up. It's three months later and I still can't just forget about her. How can she just turn her back on me like I never existed? I used to get those heartmelting texts all the time. * * * ?

Women like to talk to their friends and get advice and sometimes it seems that they let their friends/family make the decision for them. I think it's a just a difference in the sexes. Women also make big judgements based on emotion and tend not to put a whole lot of logic into decisions of the heart. Some of my guy friends and even girl friends agree with this. Not bashing, but it's just another difference I noticed between men and women.

I was dumped and replaced within 4 days. She turned her back on me also. People like this are not worth our love and our time. Look at it this way, it goes to show that you probably didn't mean as much to her as she led on. I sure didn't mean to my ex what she told me, and I heard some pretty good lines. She had me singing "forever".

You'll get over this, man. It sucks when friends or family have to do with a decision, but that's part of life. Some women just rely on their girlfriends more than others and it's hard to tell when you first meet somebody. Forget about her. You'll have this licked in no time.

I know, it just really sucks that she had to take it that far. I read some of your posts and it looks like you are going through some of the same stuff. Me and her were together only about six months and so far I've taken this one the hardest but I've been in far longer relationships. We don't live in a small town but we do live within a couple of miles from eachother. I dread running into her with another guy.

I've been in relationships that quadruple this latest one in time, but this most recent I have also taken the hardest. There was a many a time that I put her needs before even looking at my own emotional and physical needs.

She also broke up with a boyfriend of three years for me and was catching alot of family pressure for doing it. To make matters worse, her brother is married to the 3-year boyfriend's first cousin, so you can imagine the pressure and guilt she was getting on that end. All in all it was a drama summer, but when the relationship was good...it was sooo good. I yearned for those awesome times like a drug.

All in all, she was never totally right for me, but it still hurts nonetheless.

I know man. Isn't it funny that us guys can't talk about this sort of crap one on one? Girls have an entire freakin support group within hours of a break-up. If it weren't for this forum I would have kept on holding on to someone that hurt me tremendously. Don't ever let her back bro. Mine hurt me too. And if they really loved us they would show us with their actions. Stay no contact. It's the worst possible punishment but worthy of the crime for sure. They don't deserve a good man. We are the prize.

Archived