On a scale of 0-10, how successful at dating have you been?

StrawberryYogurt
Success In Life
Success In Life

hrm... long term relationships but they ahve been with abusive guys who i can say are my friends.. 5 i guess. I keep moving up in better relationships. I hope this current bf is the one. I have such strong chemistry and I like him.

Hmmm, I would say about a 4. I've tried; it's just way too difficult. Perhaps later when I actually have a job! Here's one reason why: link removed

I have a very loose definition for "success"- Having fun. It turns out that a lot of people prefer to over-think what a date should be in my opinion, and that is just one reason why I don't enjoy asking others out unless I'm absolutely sure they're mature enough. I may be picky, but at least I'm not desperate.

yes defining success is difficult. Since im single i guess my success is 0, i dont really date casually so all failed relationships were with the highest hopes, as sad as that sounds. I haven't been rejected, though rejection is also hard to define, i dont blatantly ask girls to go with me, if it happens i go with it and its more natural, at one time i was hanging out with four girls i was interested in, only got with obviously one, so i dont see the other three as rejections. All relationships ive been in its because i wanted it and was happy, so i dont think i lost out on any, though i may be heartbroken.

I've had three relationships. Two resulted in mutual breakups after a few months. The third lasted for two years and she was my first love. None of them were abusive in any way, no big time serious fights (of course we debated/argued at times), no lingering jealousy issues, and I didn't try to control them in any way and they did the same for me.

I think I'm a great bf and I've been lucky enough to have 3 great gf's.

jeeez people. i highly doubt you all have had that bad of luck..

Here is my question though. What do you define as dating? To me, dating is constantly seeing someone but that doesnt mean your commited. Basically step down from commitment. In all reality one could be dating afew people since there is no comitment in my eyes.

if your talking about dating the way i explained, this year ive been on a good streak. I would say a 10. now sealing the deal making it actuall commitment is a different rating but actually sealing the deal and seeing them afew more times, sleeping with them or some sort of affection has been a 10.

your question also asks why or how?

I just dont care. Thats my attitude. Im here to live a successful, fun filled life with nothing but a smile on my face and adrenaline pumping through my veins. When i meet women, i dont try to get in thier pants. My initial goal is to make them feel safe and comfortable with the intent of making a new friend. If it goes beyond that, then thats a bonus. Im nice, but im not. Im sarcastic but not overboard. Im confident but not cocky. If you show women your all about a good time and your intent is not to get in thier pants (for now anyways) then you stand more a chance of success. If you make them feel comfortable enough to go back to your place, thats just one step closer to sealing the deal and even on top of that, ive noticed that if the first night or second the girl is willing to drop her pants and i tell her i respect her enough that i would rather wait a couple more dates, that makes them fall quicker. this can back fire but thats why you learn to read the women that are possible relationship material or one night standers. All with experiance my friends.

Well since breaking up with my ex I would say about a -5 since one of the ones I was interested in turned out to be crazy. But on a bright note, I reevaluated who I go for and am less tolerant of red flags. Plus, I am more focused on getting the sex now and less focused on being in a relationship.

In a very general sense, I've never had any trouble getting dates so I'd say 9 or 10. When it comes to building a relationship off of said dates, it's a little different. You're obviously not going to fall head over heels for each person you date... I've had great relationships. Yeah, they've since ended but it doesn't mean they weren't great while they lasted.

I have been dating since September.... about 7 months after an 11 year relationship. I have been on about 8 dates 6 of them on meet on plenty of fish... I have not been rejected by any of them, a few of them told me they loved me after 2 dates....

The one guy I was really into and am still seeing had a bad break up and is having a hard time committing. He wants to take it slow- which basically means I am not the one right now or ever.

I have had to reject most of them, But I must say that I am surprised at how lucky I have been, I could have been in a relationship with any of them, but it wasn't them it was me, I fell hard for the one guy who I have been seeing for 2 months.

I guess about a 7. I've stayed too long in certain relationships long after they "died". I've been successful at finding men who want an exclusive relationship with me and who share my values as far as waiting to have sex, or at the very least are supportive of my values in that respect. I haven't had too many dry spells but I won't presume that means "success" because there were periods of time in my teens/20s when I dated to avoid being unattached. I've also dated too much in my opinion.

What has been a real success is that although I didn't start dating my SO (who I dated years ago too) until I was turning 39 I was never jaded or cynical about men for more than a very short period of time - a day maybe- even though I had my share of rejection and heartbreak.

Hm... unsure of how the scale works, but I will give it a shot...

I think maybe an 8. I too have stayed too long in relationships I should have gotten out of. Try as I might, however, I don't stay alone for long, though I enforced an 18-month respite from dating on myself (which is why I gave myself a point!). Once I was done with that, I met the love of my life within a month.

Alright people, what say you? Define success however if you wish, I suppose, since I don't want to box anyone in with my definition.

What's your rating? Why?

I will answer back later.

Ha ha, ok if 10 is a happy marriage and 1 is as single as a slice of cheese, right now I am at a 1, but I have had other relationships where I felt they went well but had just run their course, so to average things out, I would say a 4 or 5.

Alright people, what say you? Define success however if you wish, I suppose, since I don't want to box anyone in with my definition.

What's your rating? Why?

I will answer back later.

um....well I think I'm like a 9 as far as number of dates....but as far as picking the right men, ehhh about a 2

Archived