4 months later...

VTR-RC51
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

4 months after the breakup...and some LC.

She contacts me to catch up, and wishes to come by my place to sort through her things. I suggested that I pack it all up and have a mutual friend deliver the goods to her. She insisted that we keep it between us and seemed to lean towards wanting to sort through her things here as she wishes to give some away to Good Will/Salvation Army.

I'm worried that something will come of this. After 4 months, I've determined that it is best that we both go our separate ways. Also, I've already started seeing someone else (whom I actually need to end things with, but thats another story)...

Should I stick with the plan of her coming to sort through her things, or should I be changing the plans a bit as to limit the contact that we have face to face.

Facts:

1. Yes I still love her, but due to religion and other factors we cannot be together.

2. I believe having her here is going to stir up some old emotions/memories and I may end up being thrown back into the emotional mess I was 4 months ago.

What do you all think??

Does she not have her own place to sort her stuff out at? Why can't it just be delivered to her and then she can do with it as she pleases?

Stick to your guns with this one. Box up her s**t and have a friend drop it off. Saves you both an uncomfortable situation and saves you from re-opening old wounds.

Does she not have her own place to sort her stuff out at? Why can't it just be delivered to her and then she can do with it as she pleases?

Stick to your guns with this one. Box up her s**t and have a friend drop it off. Saves you both an uncomfortable situation and saves you from re-opening old wounds.

She does have her own place to do this. But she insisted on sorting it here. I didn't want to argue and just agreed. She didn't want anyone else involved in this as she said she has personal items here she doesn't want anyone to see (She does have some personal/intimate items here so I agree).

Why do you have to be part of her sorting it out? its all her stuff, box it up, send it to her. Or drop it off when you know she wont be there. Are those options?

I agree. You don't need to involve another person in order to avoid seeing her. The fact that she needs to 'sort through' stuff because she wants to get rid of some is irrelevant. She can do that at her own place. Mail it or leave it at her place, or outside of your place for her to pick up when you aren't around.

Archived