renting an apartment

xonicolemarie
13 Ground Floor Apartment Privacy I...
13 Ground Floor Apartment Privacy Ideas

well, chances are your going to have to pay first month, possibly last month, and definitely security. Then groceries for the first month, you might need to put a deposit down to have your power turned on. If your going to college, which it sounds like, are you getting a loan, and how much money per month do you make?

If you were to share an apartment with one other person..for no more than 900 a month, plus then groceries and bills..

how much would you save up before looking

And by the time i move out ill be around 22/23..Its only going to be one bedroom

do you have a job already? or will you be looking for one during this time? depending on where you live, i'd say AT LEAST 3 months worth of rent, groceries, utilities is a must. if not more. and if you are looking for a job right now, once again depending on the job you are looking for, the market is extremely rigid and it might take longer than normal to find one. so may want to consider saving up for more than 3 months.

I agree with everyone else, make sure you have at least 3 months living costs saved up in addition to your deposit and first month's rent.(if possible.. i know its not always easy to do). Then add another 500, there are always extra expenses or something could happen

is that 900 for sharing? or 900 on your own?

My motto has always been, when I've been renting to make it as cheap as possible, getting flatmates/ roommates when possible.. its not worth it when you are just literally 'giving' the money away every month,

Archived