I masterbate to much

Jay_Bird

I even do it when I have a girlfriend

and it doens't effect my performance

but now I'm trying to to give my life to God

and I just can't shake this off of me,I try to shake it off,then something simple can trigger it,like girls on tv,or going to certain websites

but it only happens,when I am at home watching tv alone...........

I need some help,can you guys suggest what I can do to defeat this demon on my back

I agree with all the other posters, masturbation is completely normal. I think though for me it is more of a routine. If I don't do it, I feel out of sync (a bit strange I suppose). Eat dinner, watch TV, study, play video games, oh wait I forgot something....lol, thats pretty much how it goes.

How much is "too much" I wonder.

I will skip a day then masterbate

then skip a day then masterbate

thanks doyathink

to me its wrong,the bible shows me,I shouldn't do it

and I'm not preaching to you guys,if you think its right,then thats cool,but for me its not

and I'm having a tough time being dicipline

Most people would not think this is too much, but it's up to you. Do you think this is too much compared to others, or just too much for you?

EDIT - you added more after I posted this. I guess I was just wondering what 'just enough' is - I assume you want to stop all together then?

and I just can't shake this off of me,I try to shake it off,then something simple can trigger it,like girls on tv,or going to certain websites

I need some help,can you guys suggest what I can do to defeat this demon on my back

Who exactly is determining that (1) that it's not "Godly" and (2) it's too much?

He's asking for help to quit. Not encouragement to continue. Be supportive guys. lol

Stay busy outside the house? Stop looking at things that trigger it.

The support is that it's natural and that doing it in no way means you aren't giving your life to "God".

If for some reason you don't want to do it, it should be because YOU don't want to be doing it, not because someone somewhere is telling you it's wrong.

I will skip a day then masterbate

then skip a day then masterbate

thanks doyathink

to me its wrong,the bible shows me,I shouldn't do it

and I'm not preaching to you guys,if you think its right,then thats cool,but for me its not

and I'm having a tough time being dicipline

To be accurate the passage in the bible references having sex with one's wife then pulling out and "spilling the seed" so while the interpretations can include masturbation that's about as convoluted as saying that what happened with Canaan was a valid justification for slavery.

Who exactly is determining that (1) that it's not "Godly" and (2) it's too much?

The support is that it's natural and that doing it in no way means you aren't giving your life to "God".

If for some reason you don't want to do it, it should be because YOU don't want to be doing it, not because someone somewhere is telling you it's wrong.

Why are you even questioning his reasons? Respect the fact that he wants help to quit. It's really that simple...isn't that what we do here? Support the things ppl need help with? It's not a matter of what you or I think is right or wrong in this...it's what he feels he must do.

Why are you even questioning his reasons? Respect the fact that he wants help to quit. It's really that simple...isn't that what we do here? Support the things ppl need help with? It's not a matter of what you or I think is right or wrong in this...it's what he feels he must do.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes it's clear that the cause for the concern is much deeper than the question itself. Nothing wrong with exploring the basis for the feelings. That's what ENA is all about; exploration.

If someone posted that they tried to end their life too much, no one would sit there telling them that they should simply stop it. There's emotions that drive all that we do.

It is great that you are giving your life to God and you really mean it and know that masturbation is not right. I have been on the journey of giving my life to God for one year and just got baptized last Friday. I too have/had an issue with masturbation. I also masturbated when I had a boyfriend. My first step months ago was to throw out all the temptation, the toys, but Rome was not built in a day and I was not cured in a night. I kept one but when that broke I didn't replace it.

As a part of my baptism prayers I asked God to help me resist the urges and temptation and I made up in my mind not to masturbate. I have already been celibate for 15 months and I would not have been able to make it without masturbation. I took it step by step and tried a few different ways that seem to be working.

So realize it may take time. It really is mind over body. Stay away from images that will tempt you, don't touch yourself anymore than you have to in order to take care of your hygiene. If you still get the urge to masturbate pray, then read the Bible or turn on a gospel music channel, there are many over here now thank goodnesss.

Private message me if you want to discuss it more.

Yea dude I think I have that problem too, The only difference is that you have a girlfriend.

Well im at home all the time an I find ways to ignore it by doing something else that I love

Im a gamer so I play alot of games to forget about it, an It helps a ton.

Think about what you like to do "besides that" lol an give it a try.

its not wrong to masturbate even if you are with a partner. But i digress.

even if you had all day routine to keep your mind occupied, your nighttime temptation will surface, this is when you start praying for strength.

Like exercise, start small. If you are masturbating on average everyday for 3, 5 times, Reduce it to once every other day, then once a week, then once a month etc.

Pray for will power.

Hey, I understand where you're coming from...well....sort of. I'm a chick so this really doesn't pretain to me. My boyfriend hates to do it because he feels guilty afterwards. Doyathink has a good point. Do something! Go outside, take a walk, go somewhere public. If you have a religious advisor, try talking to them. It will help.

Archived