a little werid?

ApplePeace

is it werid for the ex not tell our/his friends we brokeup? when I was dating my ex we had a group of friends we use to do things together, but I found out that he didnt tell them..how do I know? well I asked one of our friends and I told him we dont talk he asked why what went wrong..so I said not sure..but he was surprised he said well the ex didnt say a word about it..its been almost 3 weeks and he hasent said a word..all he does is talk about his work...I dunno I was surprised because I thought he would let them know that we are over we wont be together as hanging as a group..but they had no clue.

is that normal???

ive done that. something like that isnt something i go around announcing to the world because:

A) its awkward to bring up. "um hey just want to let you all know me and ___ broke up." then people dont know how to react... they dont know if you are the dumper or the dumpee and there is always someone who asks too many questions... its a whole ordeal.

B) you dont know if its gonna stick. maybe youll end up together again in a week and you dont want to look like that crazy couple that breaks up and makes up every other month.

My ex didn't even tell his family he moved out until he started seeing someone else. I ran into his brother in law at the grocery and he asked why I wasn't coming over with the ex anymore! One of his best friends found out when she asked why I didn't show up to her birthday party. In contrast, my friends and family knew within a few days.

I guess for some it's easier to not mention it?

I remember 2 months after we broke up, my ex (we are now back together though) and I ended up at a party together. He left shortly after getting there because we agreed to go NC and he didn't even think that I would be at the party. He wasn't originally invited either. He came with a friend.

After he left, my friend turned to another friend of mine in the most innocent voice and was like ".....are they still together?! I'm confused!".

It happens.

I guess I'm weird then. I've avoided telling people. I don't go announcing it to the world. When I'm with some more casual friends I don't want to ruin a good time by dropping a bombshell like, "By the way. My ex, who I built my life around, broke up with me."

My ex didn't even tell his family he moved out until he started seeing someone else. I ran into his brother in law at the grocery and he asked why I wasn't coming over with the ex anymore! One of his best friends found out when she asked why I didn't show up to her birthday party. In contrast, my friends and family knew within a few days.

I guess for some it's easier to not mention it?

def agree.

bc like i said above, i dont feel the need to do it. i didnt tell anyone other than my best friend that i broke up with my ex. then i told my parents after a while... although they already had an idea it was over. i didnt tell my coworkers for months.

my ex on the other hand told everyone hes ever known w/i 24 hours and guess how MY coworkers found out... he told them. lol.

Archived