I still think about him constantly, but when I do it doesn't seem like such a burden. The only thing that bothers me about my situation now is thinking about how happy and carefree he is while I'm struggling to get my own life together with school and getting a job. I do still miss him and part of me would absolutely love to get him back, but those feelings are overshadowed by a new-found realization that it'll, (more than likely), never happen and I'm becoming more and more okay with it. I just hate knowing that he's probably completely happy without me and rarely thinks about me. I'd like to feel like I impacted him somehow, and not just like our relationship was a flash in the pan.

But all in all, I am making progress. I feel closer to being over him than I ever thought I could.

You should become a little more selfish. Focus on yourself. Cut contact with him and resists the temptation to get any sort of update whatsoever about him. Out of sight out of mind as the adage goes Additionally he may seem happy and content on the outside but how do you know what he is feeling inside? Either way stop thinking about him or how he is happy and start focusing on becoming happy yourself! You sound like quite a cool unique girl with excellent musical taste. Off topic but

I can relate...

I was just complaining and crying to anybody that would listen just this morning. Found out my ex has been going to parties and lounges (SO not him) ever since we stopped talking about a month ago...

The feeling of him being completely happy while I'm left to pick up the pieces seems to haunt me now more than ever. It all seems so unfair & I'm waiting for him to be miserable as much as he made me... how can somebody hurt somebody else & get away with is so carefree?

After so long with someone, you'd like to think you matter to them as a person. It's tough I don't like the feeling of being forgotten, especially after 3 years.

But I know we will both get through it!!! Time will heal... and hopefully there is somebody better waiting for us.

This is also the thing that bothers me most of all. Thinking of my ex happy, carefree, and loving his new relationship. I want nothing more than to have him realize this was a huge mistake. I don't even want him back--I just want him to regret. As unsatisfactory as it sounds, I did get some hope from a friend. He said, "The Universe has a way of correcting itself." Let's hope that is true. I do know there is a part of my ex that is at least nostalgic. Although I never want to share that with him, it would be o.k. with me if he at least felt that much.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived