B-day blues....

ChocoBB
Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)
Happy 1st Month to my GladysJane :)

I celebrated my b-day last night at a restaurant with some friends and then went out dancing, on eof my friends bailed on me cuase she felt"uncomfortable" with my other friends and felt like an outsider...so anyways i didn't totally ind at the moment since i was a bit drunk and was like wtv....

anyways as the nite went on I was expecting this "guy" I like try to show up but as he likes to say one thing and do another...he basically didnt show..whihc kind off made my mood sink a bit....then my friends wh were at the club were not really having fun I had to kind of made myself be all goofy and have fun just to enjoy my night....mid way through the night my other frind came and ended up gpign to the bathroom and crying on her shoulders....so pathetic....sad on my b-day never hapen to me before....

left early went home and decided to cry myself asleep and did something i shouldnt have done....I called this guy (pillow friend aka friend with benefits) and he called back and went over had sex just to get away and feel something....

i have so many issues i have a hard time dealing with, i internalize everythingand just feel so hollow inside....turning 21 should be a happy fun time yet feel like i am missing something in my life

bb

i think your friends are dealing with their own insecurities and issues. i'm sorry they weren't more supportive of you, and couldn't just 'put on a happy face' for a night. i hate it when people can't just let someone else be the center of attention.

i think this guy you are talking about is really not that into you, and you shouldn't waste your time on him. a good boyfriend or good potential bf would not only show up at your bday party, but he would have confirmed and brought you a gift too! this guy - he's just crappy.

i think you should surround yourself with people who make you feel positive and are genuinely happy for you and want the best for you.

First off Happy Birthday from over here in Missouri.

I know the feeling you have all to well. My husband ruined my 21st birthday. Let me have one drink (the free one) and then made me go home at 9pm (We had left at 8pm).

All my friends had flaked on me that day... I was so devestated because so much "hope for a really fun time" was put on this day.

You know what you gotta do? Make up for it next year! I made up for it on my 23rd birthday, had a BLAST!

*hugs* I hope you get to feeling better

Happy belated birthday ChocoBB, I'm sorry you had a crummy day To be honest, turning 21 is overrated (unless you really like beer). You're not supposed to find your life fulfilled by a certain date. There will be other birthdays and they all have the potential to be awesome!

As annie said, your friends probably had some issues of their own to deal with, it's a shame they didn't suck it up for your birthday. I also agree that you should ditch the guy. I've been in a similar situation one too many times, and if I was to hop into a time machnie and visit my past self during said moments, I would have smacked myself silly.

Archived