Loathing A Lack Of Confidence

civilservant

Well I think the title says it all, I hate myself at times, mostly around women. Theres the girl that I've wanted to ask out for the last couple of weeks that I'm doing a training course with, and I still haven't plucked up the courage.

I live in a shared house, and everyone else has gone places for the weekend, leaving me alone with the house to myself. I happened to remark this to the women in question today (not really thinking anything of it) and it obviously struck a cord. 3 times in the day she made comments that "I could get up to all sorts" along with talking about other random stuff like I could walk around in my boxers and stuff.

Another one of my fellow trainess said during our lunch break that they though she was trying to suggest I should ask her back for a coffee, and to be honest I had the same thoughts myself, but alas I still didn't. It really irritates me and makes me loath my lack of confidence. I come accross as confident, I know I do, but the truth is that is a facade and I'm so afraid of getting shot down that I don't bother.

I think I've missed my change now, I get the feeling that she has decided I'm not interested, and this is the second girl recently that I have had this happen with. God I do really hate myself at times.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really down at the moment.

Regrets of what might have been as she walks away have haunted many men throughout history. You haven't missed your only chance, just the one at that moment. Get to the training class early next time and when she shows up don't hesitate. Walk right up to her before your doubts kick in and say hi ______ would you like to go get some coffee after class? Don't give yourself the chance to consider what might go wrong just what might go right.

This is easy for me to say as I haven't started dating again (scary) but I will attempt to follow my own advice when the time comes.

lost

Hey, many of us have been there. I still think you should try. Ask her out for coffee. Her saying no is not the worst thing to happen to you, right? You will survive.

You say you have the appearance of confidence. Keep working on that. Ever heard of 'fake it 'til you make it'? I know it sounds silly, but it does seem to work for some people.

Good luck!

Self-love quotes for women!
Self-love quotes for women!

Archived