Calling her for first time/ First date

WizardofOz

I met a girl yesterday and we really hit it off. We have a ton of similar interests which allowed us to talk for over 2 hours without any awkwardness.

I got her number and plan to call her. How long should I wait before I call? I don't want to appear desperate but at the same time want her to know that I am interested. Also, how much should be said in the first phone conversation?

Secondly, where are some good places for a first date? I am 23 and she is 26 so I want to show that I am at the same level of maturity as she is.

Thanks for the help.

Alright: A) good job!

B) Call her maybe sometime around sevenish tonight, and see if she wants to hang out some time. If she yes, suggest a local comedy club, or maybe just a movie.

If she's liberal I'd recommend either Religulous or W., because they're funny but also very much high-brow humour (i.e. mature).

C) Good Luck!

Call her two days after you met and got her number if you don't want to seem too desperate but not too uninterested. Your first phone conversation should be light -- how have you been? How was your day? Don't talk too long -- maybe 15 mins max. You should end the conversation by asking her when she is free.

I don't know where you should go for your first date. Do you live in a big city, small city, small town?

(This is just my advice, it is not gospel, ok? LOL.)

Call her two days after you met and got her number if you don't want to seem too desperate but not too uninterested. Your first phone conversation should be light -- how have you been? How was your day? Don't talk too long -- maybe 15 mins max. You should end the conversation by asking her when she is free.

I don't know where you should go for your first date. Do you live in a big city, small city, small town?

(This is just my advice, it is not gospel, ok? LOL.)

Thanks for the advice.

I live in a big city so that gives me some choice of what we could do.

Thanks for the advice.

I live in a big city so that gives me some choice of what we could do.

Hmm.. How about this -- you ask her to meet you for drinks at such and such time at such and such place, nothing more. If she agrees, you meet, and talk. If it goes really well, suggest dinner and take her to a really great ethnic restaurant you like... Indian, Thai, whatever. Those kinds of places are really cool but not terribly expensive, especially if you know of a great hole-in-the-wall kind of place.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you will get loads of suggestions! But I think low-key is best for a first date.

I'm going on a first date tonight w/ a girl I met a couple Saturdays ago at a local pub. I called her Monday night and left a voicemail message. I actually posted about it on here last week ( )

I originally asked to meet over something casual like coffee but after we spoke a lot over email, she suggested drinks then I upped the ante and asked for dinner and drinks We've been emailing, texting and calling each other every day since I first called and we both can't wait to see each other tonight for the official "first date". Always follow your gut. Do what it says and you'll be fine.

The first time we spoke on the phone she mentioned she never exepcted me to call but really hoped I would. She almost fell out of her chair she said after she listened to my message. I mentioned that I wanted to call her the following night after we first met but I didn't want to come off as needy. She said I was being silly and would've loved if I called her that night. Needless to say, I followed my gut throughout to date so far and it's been nothing short of amazing since we've been talking daily

I have to ask a girl out tonight too. I was planning on asking her to meet for drinks but at like a restaurant/bar. The place I was thinking was a Mexican place with awesome Margaritas. What do you guys think of that?

I have to ask a girl out tonight too. I was planning on asking her to meet for drinks but at like a restaurant/bar. The place I was thinking was a Mexican place with awesome Margaritas. What do you guys think of that?

Sounds good man. I bet she will like the unique restaurant that you mentioned.

Archived