blueruby

I am part of a circle of friends. Like me, they are married and most have children. I've been friends with all of them for about 2 years-- we all met and started hanging out at the same time.

I am having problems with a woman in our group who I'll call Lisa. We were good buddies for a while and I helped her through some rough times. Then, I hit a spell of depression and felt as though Lisa pulled away because of it. I was too busy trying to get help that I guess I figured our friendship was over and stopped putting effort into it (this was in January).

Recently Lisa's husband called mine saying she is crying constantly about our broken friendship, that she doesn't know what she did to deserve this. Now she wants to sit down and "talk." I have a feeling she's been badmouthing me to others in our group who have in turn started acting strange towards me.

Any advice? I don't want to be friends Lisa anymore but feel bad that I may have overreacted to her pulling away. I'm just so confused

If you're dealing with deppression, I have this feeling that a lot of what you're feeling is being magnified. Don't worry about what others feel about you...I separate myself instantly from people who I think have a negative influence on my life...and if these people are acting strange to you, just stay away from them. Don't be so paranoid, not everyone is sitting around talking about how terrible you are. There are probably people right now talking about how wonderful you are while you sit here in anxiety. You might want to get a therapist to address the anxiety/deppression you struggle with...don't beat yourself up and stop the negative thinking.

Archived