Right first let me apologise to those who read my previous thread, yes it was stupid and this isn't a pick up forum. Ok, we speak no more of that, now moving on.

I'm interested in this girl who I recently met, I talk and flirt with her everytime we're together, "friendly but not friends" is something I always keep in mind when I'm interested in a girl so that I don't quickly find myself in the dreaded "friendzone" straight away. Lately I think she's become interested in someone else, she always talk about him in her msn status thingy, she never talks to me about him(I'm not sure whether to interpret that as a good thing or not), I've never asked about him either, whether that's a mutual respect for both of us not wanting to rub it in my face as such remains to be seen but my question is should I continue being how I'm being towards her? Playful, teasing and cheerful etc or should I just leave it if she is interested in someone else?

Call her (not chatting on MSN) and ask her out on a proper date. Then you will know your answer and she will know that your intentions are beyond friendship. I would avoid focusing on vague "status" things on MSN and similar to "analyze" who she is interested in.

Thanks Batya. Yeah cause her current status is "so there's this boy in my life....he's kinda amazing". That could be interpreted in a million different ways, so yeah the only way for me to find out is to call her and ask her out on a "date".

I would call her now but I just finished chatting to her a few minutes back, she's gone to lie down for abit lol.

Send her a message quoting her status and say, "I know it's me, but if it's not it should be."

Seriously though, it does sound like she's already focused on another guy. You've got two real ways of playing this. You can either up the ante by seriously flirting with her hard core (but still maintaining and indifference to not make it look like you're only interested in her) OR you can back off and meet other women... and do so openly so she can see that you've got a successful social and romantic life.

Very strange development, she keeps referring to him as "my dave" lol. Alot of the interactions we've had and the things she's said have been very ambiguous or can be interpreted in so many ways. Either way I think I'm going to distance myself emotionally from her and move on, I'll continue flirting with her however. Next girl please lol. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Send her a message quoting her status and say, "I know it's me, but if it's not it should be"

haha, this is pretty good. If your gonna give it a shot and risk the rejection, might aswell go out with some humor, thereforee if things dont work out with this other guy, you may still be on her mind.

Very strange development, she keeps referring to him as "my dave" lol. Alot of the interactions we've had and the things she's said have been very ambiguous or can be interpreted in so many ways. Either way I think I'm going to distance myself emotionally from her and move on, I'll continue flirting with her however. Next girl please lol. Thanks for the advice though guys.

She's already claiming you? Send her this response:

"Whoa babe... Your Dave?! Not yet sweetheart, I'm not that easy. Sure you've got something that makes you cute but so do a lot of the girls I know. You have to tell me what is it that sets you apart from these girls before you can call me your Dave.

Or something like that. Make sure your message comes accross as light hearted and not too aggressive. If she has zero interest in you it won't matter none, but if she is slightly intrigued by you, letting her know you're not hers is going to help.

Archived