penelope13

I recently discovered that i am in love with a close friend of mine, who unfortunately is in a relationship. Since he is currently emotionally torn between the girlfriend and me, i told him that it would be better for the 2 of us, if we didn't see each other and didn't talk to each other till he makes up his mind and gathers up the courage to break up the previous relationship.

The waiting and not knowing what is going on with him is driving me crazy: any adivice how to get past this (i try to work, but it's really hard to find focus + energy)?

''gathers up the courage to break up the previous relationship.''

So wait a minute... your expecting him to dump her for you? Seems to me like your kind of forcing him to dump her. If hes in a relationship then leave him alone otherwise your just going to mess him and yourself up.

This what you do, you tell him your happy he found someone, your staying out of the picture, you may not be the right one for him. Anything else is like forcing him to break up with her. If he does, say he does, then he will be continuously questioning if that was the right thing to have done. Or if he only did it because you sort of pressure it into him. He could always bring it up that oh well he broke up with someone for you in a fight or something. It is just not good. You need to let him live out his own relationships, step back.

step further away than not contacting him at all? how does one do that? i'm not even in his life at the moment.

he told me that he knows that she is not the right one for him, but that it will be difficult to break up with her (she has done a real number on him), but that on the other hand he really likes me. since i don't want to start a relationship while the old story is not over yet, i decided to step away

Archived