Heartbroken? Heart SHATTERED and then crapped on

Okay, guys, I admit it. I admit defeat. You were right. She was nothing but a... well censors will delete it and admins will yell at me... so insert "girl who sleeps around and breaks hearts and doesn't care" insult of your choice.

We DID get back together, we were both happy... or so I thought. I just found out a couple weeks ago that while we were together again, she was dating her ex, and had sex with him multiple times... the worst part? I found out from HIM. Not HER. SHE just, out of the blue one night, told me to get the hell out of her life, and told me I SHOULD go and kill myself. THEN, her ex, the A-hole, sends me a gloating facebook message about how happy she is now that I'm gone and how great they are together... I blocked the [insult] but the damage is done.

This isn't the first time either. TWICE now she's had sex with other guys while we were supposedly "together" and hasn't told me until I confronted her about it and asked directly. I should have ended it the first time, but I loved her... I STILL love her... I still cry myself to sleep every night from missing her... but I believed we were soulmates, that she was "the one". I couldn't bear the thought of being without her. And I understood why she did the things she did... and I forgave her. I forgave so, SO much... and then she repays me by breaking my heart and making me this bitter, cynical, shell of a person.

How can I possibly hope to move on when it takes all my strength of will to just keep from killing myself or drinking myself to sleep? How can I possibly hope to get back to a semi-normal lifestyle when EVERYTHING reminds me of her?

I need help... so badly...

She has disrespected you so many times, its disgusting and disgraceful. Be glad shes out of your life she treated you badly and you do not deserve that. Maybe you were blind to the fact that she wasnt right but you loved her so you decided to give her multiple chances. Just think of how she has treated you and you can get so much better, she loves herself no one else its horrible. Im sure you can get through this.

You need to try to align your emotions with the reality of who she is. I think you hoped she was someone special, but she has turned out to be a not nice person at all. So you have to recognize that what you really want and need is someone to love and focus on, but she just isn't it! Keep getting out and being with friends, cut off contact with her, and you will meet someone new you like as much or more, who is better for you.

I WANT to do everything you guys said, but I just... I just can't! Every minute I think about her, about what we had... because we DID have something special, at first, before she embarked on her quest to ruin it, and my life along with it... I'm working as hard as I possibly can to protect myself, but for me this is retreating into myself, sort of mentally going into the fetal position, withdrawing into my inner shields, and so I'm not talking or socializing with anybody, and when forced to do so, I'm crabby and angry and spiteful.

To get rid of things that remind me of her I'd basically have to sell everything I own and change my personality type

I just hate my life so much...

You may have had "something special" with this girl. You may have had a lot in common and had great times together. But trust me, she is not the one. You'll be able to find another girl who you have "something special" with that won't cheat on you repeatedly.

Archived