Am i wrong? is he right?

Cypha
10 Unique Date Ideas
10 Unique Date Ideas

My boyfriends close friend had invited us to dinner and a movie with her, her boyfriend and another girl, friday nite. As i had planned to go to an event the next day i figured out that i cud not afford to go to both the dinner and movie and the event the next day. I really wanted to go to the event the next day but my boyfriend said he cudnt afford to come with me, after going to the dinner the nite before. So now i am angry at him because of the following:

1. he wants to go to the birthday without me.

2. he said he cant afford to go to the event with me but he says can pay for my dinner and the movie.

I feel its not right that he leaves me at home to go out to dinner and a movie with another couple, him and another girl. Its a situation im uncomfortable with.

am i being stupid?

I think its a bit unfair that he says he cant afford to go out with you but would willingly pay for you to go with him. I would be questioning him about that, but about him going out with the others i don't see a huge problem.

I can understand why you would be jealous, but as long as you trust him and that they are friends too me it wouldn't matter. But no one can tell you what your feeling is stupid. You can't help your emotions unfortunately.

No,you can't help your emotions, just your reactions to them. Perhaps a compromise is to suggest to your bf that he suggests a much cheaper dinner place so he can still afford the event the next day, and perhaps you can chip in for his ticket to the event?

now i am angry at him because of the following:

1. he wants to go to the birthday without me.

He does NOT want to go to the birthday without you, he is willing to pay for your dinner and movie so you can go with them.

2. he said he cant afford to go to the event with me but he says can pay for my dinner and the movie.

Ok, if It was me, i would choose to spend the money i have on going to my best friend's (close friend..) birthday, rather than an event i wasn't even planning to attend in the first place.

I wouldn't ditch my close friend to spend it on an event.

and as you mentioned, you were the one planning on going to the event in the first place.

This has nothing to do with him preferring to go to his friend's birthday rather than spending time with you or anything of the sort.

he already chose you, since he's willing to pay for your dinner and movie so you can go with them, so he wants to include you, and make it possible for you to go!

don't be mad at him for choosing to spend his money to attend his friend's birthday.

he is a good friend.

I think you should go to your boyfriend's close friend's birthday on friday, and go to the event on saturday by yourself.

I may be missing something here so I apologize if I have this wrong....

but why is it ok for you to not be able to afford going to both events, but it's not ok from him to not be able to afford both events?

If your guy is willing to pay for the dinner and the movie, why not go to that occasion for free and then you'll have money to go to the next day's event and maybe even help your boyfriend afford it??

good observation diamond. it's not like the bf is trying to go just to hang around this other girl. you find he will flirt or she will flirt with him? in either case, you don't have trust for your bf to ward off a female? i'm sure he does it already wherever he goes.

Archived