Why does he do this?

anya85
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Why does my ex insist on greeting me almost daily online? We agreed to be friends, I realize this. He broke up with me, btw. A month ago. But it's weird. The second I log on, he'll go " " to me. I'll reply. Some times he'll ask how my day went, or how I'm doing, but most of the time that's all he'll say. But if I reply to him, I usually don't get a response. That irritates me. Why greet me and then stop talking?

I mean, either talk to me or don't! It's weird!

My ex was doing that for the first few weeks after the breakup. It's remorse, or it was in my guy's case. Mostly for the things that drove us to the breakup because he didn't want to leave me... but the situation was so bad that he walked away despite loving me to stop the fighting.

Everyone likes to feel loved, getting a response from you makes him feel loved, in the same way it would make you feel loved if he bothered to respond to you. The trouble is he doesn't respond, so the whole thing is one sided. I suggest you stop responding?

Staying friends with exes - in my experience, only works after a period of non-contact to give everyone a chance to heal. Maybe say that to him and re-connect when you are feeling a bit stronger?

Everyone likes to feel loved, getting a response from you makes him feel loved, in the same way it would make you feel loved if he bothered to respond to you. The trouble is he doesn't respond, so the whole thing is one sided. I suggest you stop responding?

Staying friends with exes - in my experience, only works after a period of non-contact to give everyone a chance to heal. Maybe say that to him and re-connect when you are feeling a bit stronger?

Sounds like he wants to see if you're still holding on. Ignore him!

Why does my ex insist on greeting me almost daily online? We agreed to be friends, I realize this. He broke up with me, btw. A month ago. But it's weird. The second I log on, he'll go " " to me. I'll reply. Some times he'll ask how my day went, or how I'm doing, but most of the time that's all he'll say. But if I reply to him, I usually don't get a response. That irritates me. Why greet me and then stop talking?

i hate when anyone does this.. just send a smily and say nothing. i ignore em.

maybe ur ex is just trying to be friendly, or still thinks of you in a caring/friendly way.

some exes can be a bit sick and just do it to be annoyng or to see if u stil got it for them

Hello

I think if this is irritating you, perhaps it might be worth either telling him, or trying to have no contact for a while, so if you can block him from your contacts for a bit, it might be worth doing. Just so you don't get irritated with him doing this to you when you want to get online for some escapism. You deserve some time to concentrate on you and not have to get irritated with wondering why he does this

Archived