What is the longest Gap you had in between the 1st and 2nd date?

ConfusedDater

I'm hoping I didn't kill my chances with this girl because our first date was on 10/11/08 and we have yet to see each other. Part of it was because I was trying to confirm interest and then once I did that after the teasing I was trying to think of a 2nd date idea. Plus the weekend after our 1st date she went out of town which was the Oct 18th and then she was telling me she had to study for her Finals in medical school so I didn't press the issue that much. So now she takes her finals on nov 3rd to the 5th and goes out of town again on nov 6th to the 8th so I need to find out if I can see her between now and sunday which can be something quick. I wasn't sure whether it was best to ask a girl out on a 2nd date through email or the phone but I did some email back check and I actually did set up a 2nd date with a girl over email back in May so I will do the same with her. Why am I so nervous to ask her out again when she is saying stuff to me like-"I wanted to call you before you went sleep? No girl has ever said that to me after a first date.

Woah LOL - but to the OP, it hasn't been long at all. Call her up and ask for a second date!

Yeah I will defintely do that because when we talked sunday night I had a shy quiet moment on the phone and was kicking myself for it because I don't want to start getting like that. I have been getting so wrapped up in what to do on our 2nd date and kind of forget to first find out when she is available. So once I know that then I can go from there

Yeah I will defintely do that because when we talked sunday night I had a shy quiet moment on the phone and was kicking myself for it because I don't want to start getting like that. I have been getting so wrapped up in what to do on our 2nd date and kind of forget to first find out when she is available. So once I know that then I can go from there

That's okay...better than having a "senior's moment"

I say call her up and ask her out on a date...better than email. As for timing, well, since she has a very busy schedule then the timing doesn't matter...what matters is keeping the lines of communication open during the times when you can't see each other.

That's okay...better than having a "senior's moment"

I say call her up and ask her out on a date...better than email. As for timing, well, since she has a very busy schedule then the timing doesn't matter...what matters is keeping the lines of communication open during the times when you can't see each other.

And I have gotten better with that, either we are in communcation through phone or email on a daily. Im not doing what I did back in May when I let

5-6 days go past with any kind of contact

And I have gotten better with that, either we are in communcation through phone or email on a daily. Im not doing what I did back in May when I let

5-6 days go past with any kind of contact

That's great. If you really like someone it is important to do things so that they know you are interested. Lack of communiciation can lead to assumptions of lack of interest and then things fall apart...whether in the early stages or even in long-term relationships and marriages.

Don't laugh - it was over 4months between the first date and the second! I think he stood me up once between those dates... IDK... he's not shown for 3 of them all total but the last one was probably just miscommunication.

We still on occasion go out... I just don't take his BS... I call it like I see it... He's into me... and me... I don't know but I think I'm getting there... it's been a tough couple of years for me and well there are definite walls up on my part.

Just saying... if it's meant to be it will be whether you date her again in 1 week or it's months. Sometimes the slower ones work out better anyway!

10 Unique Date Ideas
10 Unique Date Ideas

Archived